Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering, what does our degree transcript have on it? Does it outline the marks you got in each module or just lists them and gives your overall grade? And what do we get presented with at graduation, is it this transcript?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LittleMissCurious)
    Just wondering, what does our degree transcript have on it? Does it outline the marks you got in each module or just lists them and gives your overall grade? And what do we get presented with at graduation, is it this transcript?
    Mine just had a list of my modules for each year and the mark I got for each module and then my overall degree classification - not my average mark.

I got mine through the post but each university is different

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samus2)
    Mine just had a list of my modules for each year and the mark I got for each module and then my overall degree classification - not my average mark.

I got mine through the post but each university is different
    Ok so next to each module it will say 2:1 for example? Does it show the percentage? And what do you get at the graduation ceremony, is it this transcript?

ReputationRep:
    It tends to say the award i.e. batchelor of science in such and such
    You either get awarded a first class honours (1st division), second class honours (2nd division) or a second class honours (3rd division), and a third (4th division)... I think.
    It may say the average and the transcript - that would make sense.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Ok so next to each module it will say 2:1 for example? Does it show the percentage? And what do you get at the graduation ceremony, is it this transcript?
    It depends on your university.

You would be best contacting the graduation team/office at YOUR uni and asking them.

ReputationRep:
    Mine says a mark next to each module - say 65.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hellodave5)
    It tends to say the award i.e. batchelor of science in such and such
    You either get awarded a first class honours (1st division), second class honours (2nd division) or a second class honours (3rd division), and a third (4th division)... I think.
    It may say the average and the transcript - that would make sense.
    Actually a 2:1 is Second Class honours: First Division, 2:2 is Second honours Class: Second Division and a Third is Third Class honours!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simplylldxo)
    Actually a 2:1 is Second Class honours: First Division, 2:2 is Second honours Class: Second Division and a Third is Third Class honours!
    Ah sorry. My mistake. Has an idea it was that as well! (as saw someones 2.1 first division transcript) silly me.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.