Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I seem to have this problem with I know that everyone obviously blushes when they are embarrassed but I seem to get it when the situation is not even necessarily embarrassing...

I try to ignore it when it happens but obviously it would be great if I could stop it happening.

Anyone else had this and if so, how did they get through it?

*Feel free to move this if its in the wrong section*

ReputationRep:
    I read a book recently called 'Complications: A Surgeon's Notes on an Imperfect Science' and in it is a story about a young broadcaster with an issue like yours.

Here's the bit from the book below so you don't have to buy it

http://www.newyorker.com/archive/200...urrentPage=all

ReputationRep:
    I'm the same pal. just one of those things i guess Can't lie ever

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amood00)
    I read a book recently called 'Complications: A Surgeon's Notes on an Imperfect Science' and in it is a story about a young broadcaster with an issue like yours.

Here's the bit from the book below so you don't have to buy it

http://www.newyorker.com/archive/200...urrentPage=all
    Thanks I'll take a look.

ReputationRep:
    I have the same issue. That was a good read, but I wouldn't go to those lengths.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, might just try to ignore it.

ReputationRep:
    The more you think about it and are aware of it, the worse it is.
    I've always had it too - it doesn't help when people point it out either

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophSophW)
    The more you think about it and are aware of it, the worse it is.
    I've always had it too - it doesn't help when people point it out either
    I've only ever had someone point it out once.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe it's not as bad as you think.

ReputationRep:
    Happens to me too. It's got better as I've got a bit older though

ReputationRep:
    This happens to me, too. I think it is worsened by the fact that people never fail to point it out. It usually happens to me if I am receiving some sort of unwanted attention, ex: everyone staring at me if I ask a question in lecture. Personally, I think it is caused by an awareness to how people are feeling or perceiving you, coupled with a sensitivity to how they feel about your performance. It probably helps to keep in mind that people don't really care. If anything, they'll be slightly amused and might point it out just because it's relevant to the discussion.

ReputationRep:
    I've got that too, I just try to accept it now because thinking about it and worrying about it makes it worse. I figure if people care about it that much or think it's weird they're not someone I want to spend time with anyway so who cares haha, it can't be fixed so might as well ignore it

ReputationRep:
    I totally agree with the above! I always get it when I get any unwanted attention, so can relate with you guys

ReputationRep:
    Wow, didn't know so many others were having this problem. I'll just try and ignore it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.