Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello !
    As it is only like 1 month till results day, i have to think also about subject's that i want to do in September. I want to ask people who are or were doing English Language and Lit AS (combined course) is it that hard as everyone says? How did you got through it, and is it better to take English language and Lit separately or together as combined course?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarah977)
    Hello !
    As it is only like 1 month till results day, i have to think also about subject's that i want to do in September. I want to ask people who are or were doing English Language and Lit AS (combined course) is it that hard as everyone says? How did you got through it, and is it better to take English language and Lit separately or together as combined course?
    Just going to move this to the English section for you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I took English Language and English Literature separately. Ask me anything

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

I'm Pasqua. For my master thesis I'm asking english and hungarian native speakers to fill up a short questionaire about cultre and spontaneity. It takes 10 minute. Would you like to join it? It would be great..

thank youuuu

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I did English Lang/Lit AQA A (A and B are rather different, so I would check your syllabus to find out which one you will be doing!)

Honestly, I loved my course in the end. I didn't take it as seriously as I should have in the beginning so I did have a few re-sits in A2 year but other than that I found it really interesting. I recommend doing either Lang/Lit or Lit because Lang on it's own doesn't give you the opportunities the others do at Uni level (Eg with Lang/Lit and Lit you can go most English courses whilst Lang on it's own limits you to only English Language courses? If that makes sense).

You do have to understand that English at A Level is very different from GCSE and you should look into both sides carefully as I found out that I prefer Lit to Language study quite early in my course but couldn't change over to Lit because it's a heavily subscribed class. I'm glad I stayed though because as it turns out, as much as it isn't my thing, I was actually pretty good at language analysis!

But yeah I can't really give you anything other than that until I know what spec you are on, because like I said - they are very different!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.