Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm on my first gap year and was unsuccessful in getting a place at med school. I really want to study medicine. Would I be able to apply again but this would mean taking another year out. Does med schools accept students with two gap years.

I have already achieved AAABb at a levels in first sitting.

Please let me know if you have any info about this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Priya_Biju)
    I'm on my first gap year and was unsuccessful in getting a place at med school. I really want to study medicine. Would I be able to apply again but this would mean taking another year out. Does med schools accept students with two gap years.

Sorry to hear about you getting no offers, I can't remember off the top of my head but some med schools do not accept reapplicants if you were rejected post interview but I am pretty sure most do allow reapplicants. It must be getting quite repetitive for you! I do have a friend who was rejected on two cycles but finally got in on his third. Have you contacted the medical schools and requested feedback to act as some form of guidance for next time.

ReputationRep:

As med schools usually only offer on the top 3 (relevant) A-Levels which seem to be AAA for you, your grades should be more or less fine. This means the weaknesses should be in you personal statement and/or your UKCAT/BMAT and/or your interview.

Have you contacted the universities you've applied for asking for post rejection details?

ReputationRep:

Hey,
    I'm sorry to hear about your rejections - I'm in exactly the same position. I never thought it would come to this but here I am...third time Medicine applicant! It's frustrsting - because, like you, I know there's nothing I want to do more. I just really hope I haven't made a silly mistake by not taking my Biomed offer at Kings.
    So how's it going application- wise?
    Good Luck!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.