Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

World Cup Soccer Stats Erase Most Dominant Players: Women (Jezelol article) Watch

ReputationRep:
    ''Just a tiny qualifier in a statistic that really should be corrected as our men's team continues to gain respect internationally. So I ask the American commentators, please stop announcing that Landon Donovan is the "all-time U.S. leading goal scorer." He is not. With 57 international goals, he's not even in the Top Five.

The all-time U.S. leading goal scorer is Abby Wambach, with 167 goals, followed by Mia Hamm (158), Kristine Lilly (130), Michelle Akers (105) and Tiffeny Milbrett (100). In fact, Abby Wambach is the all-time leading goal scorer in the world, among all soccer players, male or female.''

http://jezebel.com/world-cup-soccer-...t-p-1601275793

These women are part of the same great national team who lost 2-8 in a match against the Under 17 US male team, a team that couldn't even qualify to the U17 World Cup. I seriously think feminism is 99% trolling these days.

ReputationRep:
    The article was bad, but the comments were equally so.

"It also bothers me that this is called the "World Cup" and the women's World Cup is called the "Women's World Cup," implying that the male version is the default and the women's version is somehow "other."

The men's version is the default.

"Oh, **** off, angry little trollboy. Your kind of response————significantl y, you're not angry at the sexism, but at the response to it————that indicates just how pernicious sexism is.
    Women talk about something appallingly sexist. Men whine about how women complain about it."

Appallingly sexist? I despair.

ReputationRep:
    The best female athletes get beat by school kids on the regular. Not that surprising tbh, women are inferior physically but for some reason they think they're on par with men. They even want the same rewards and accolades as men, even though they don't perform as well as men.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ROONEY-9-MUTD)
    The best female athletes get beat by school kids on the regular. Not that surprising tbh, women are inferior physically but for some reason they think they're on par with men. They even want the same rewards and accolades as men, even though they don't perform as well as men.
    But they try and train just as hard as men, bless them. It's not their fault evolution has given them the strength, agility and speed of 12 yo boys. At least it didn't affect their brains so they could win half of Fields Medals, Physics Nobel prizes and chess world championships.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StevieA)
    But they try and train just as hard as men, bless them. It's not their fault evolution has given them with the strength, agility and speed of 12 yo boys. At least it didn't affect their brains so they could win half of Fields Medals, Physics Nobel prizes and chess world championships.
    I was watching womans basketball yesterday.

I put money on the best team in the league to win by >3 points.

The game was appalling.

In comparison to male basketball, women have trouble:

1) catching the ball.

There was one incident where she was meant to inbound the ball, but ended up throwing it all the way to the other side of the court.

2) scoring baskets at point blank range.
    3) protecting the ball from being intercepted.

The whole thing was a joke to be honest.

I lost 1/2 of bets due to carelessness.

Female football - same problem.

ReputationRep:
    lol

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 14, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.