Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

I'm starting an MA in conference interpreting and translation studies at Leeds this September and was wondering if anyone else is too? :-)

ReputationRep:
    Hi Sko! Nice to find a fellow of MACITS!!! My language combination is A: Chinese and B: English. And I will live in CLV. What about you?

ReputationRep:
    Hi norman_xia, thanks for your reply! My language combination is A: English C: Spanish and Portuguese, and I'm hoping to live in St Mark's.

I don't know that halls of residence, what is its full name? When are you arriving in Leeds? And are you nervous/excited? I'm really looking forward to starting :-)

ReputationRep:
    Wow, that's cool. 3 languages, lol.

CLV is short for Campus Living Villages. It was called Opal 3 before.

I'm super excited. I've already got the visa and cannot wait to get there soon. I'll be arriving in Sep 11 (a remarkable day lol). But I assume you do not need a visa?

ReputationRep:
    3 languages is cool... but confusing! Ahh ok, I didn't know that CLV was an option for postgraduates.

That's great you've got your visa. I don't need one because I'm from Manchester :-) Where are you from in China?

ReputationRep:
    Yes I'm from China. CLV is not managed by the school, I guess, 'cause I booked from an agent. But from what I learnt, it seems to be fine for me. 15 minutes' walk from campus and right in downtown.

May I add you on Skype or sth? Have loads of things to share as we are becoming classmates soon, haha.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.