The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Getting around

I'm hoping to be studying engineering this year, so I will hopefully be living at the kingston hill campus. It's about 3 miles out of town and I was wondering if this makes much difference to the social life kingston hill residents have compared to ones closer to kingston center such as Penrhyn Road?
Reply 1
Original post by andrew241094
I'm hoping to be studying engineering this year, so I will hopefully be living at the kingston hill campus. It's about 3 miles out of town and I was wondering if this makes much difference to the social life kingston hill residents have compared to ones closer to kingston center such as Penrhyn Road?

To be honest I don't think there is that much of a difference. It all depends where you go out to. During the early night you still have KU buses so it's not difficult to get to the town - it's just a case of finding your way to get back home I guess.
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames
Reply 2
Original post by klika89
To be honest I don't think there is that much of a difference. It all depends where you go out to. During the early night you still have KU buses so it's not difficult to get to the town - it's just a case of finding your way to get back home I guess.

You seem to know about KU, do you study there?
I'll be studying there too this year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by andrew241094

Hi Andrew,
Kingston Hill is a great campus to live at! I lived at Seething Wells last year but spent most of my time at the Kingston Hill campus. Getting into town isn’t a problem on weekdays there is a free university bus service which runs until fairly late at night or if you miss it there is a bus stop for the regular bus just outside campus. For weekends you will need an Oyster card as TFL busses are now contactless! There is a uni bus into town roughly every 20 minutes, and the 85 bus (paid) runs 24 hours a day.

The campus itself is very lively, the Students Union bar is within walking distance from the halls of residence and so is the Co-op which is great when you forgot something when food shopping!

I’ve got back from many late nights to stay with friends at Kingston Hill, you’ll have a great time!

Chloe :smile:
Student Ambassador. Visit my ASK US profile to read more about me and ask questions.
Reply 4
Original post by katr905
You seem to know about KU, do you study there?
I'll be studying there too this year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes I am studying there now

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending