Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I mentioned this on another thread and wanted to get some more opinions... my situation is that I am pursuing a bullying complaint, I have taken it to my line manager, the area manager and now I am dealing with his manager as they have all essentially dismissed the complaint as a 'personality clash' despite knowing it is not as this person has been bullying staff member after staff member for the 8 years she has worker here, we lose a member of staff on average every 9 months (out of a team of 4) and when they attempted to transfer her several months ago when someone else complained entire staff teams threatened to hand their notice in rather than work with her... however the management team want me to transfer to an inferior role presumably to get me out of the way and shut me up, and this bully is spreading malicious lies in an attempt to get me fired, obviously there is no way to substantiate any of her claims as they aren't true but I am worried they will fire me as a way to shut me up

I spoke to acas and they told me I have no right as far as being fired for no reason go as I have only been employed here for 9 months however someone else told me I cant be fired without a valid and proven reason

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doodle_333)
    I mentioned this on another thread and wanted to get some more opinions... my situation is that I am pursuing a bullying complaint, I have taken it to my line manager, the area manager and now I am dealing with his manager as they have all essentially dismissed the complaint as a 'personality clash' despite knowing it is not as this person has been bullying staff member after staff member for the 8 years she has worker here, we lose a member of staff on average every 9 months (out of a team of 4) and when they attempted to transfer her several months ago when someone else complained entire staff teams threatened to hand their notice in rather than work with her... however the management team want me to transfer to an inferior role presumably to get me out of the way and shut me up, and this bully is spreading malicious lies in an attempt to get me fired, obviously there is no way to substantiate any of her claims as they aren't true but I am worried they will fire me as a way to shut me up

I spoke to acas and they told me I have no right as far as being fired for no reason go as I have only been employed here for 9 months however someone else told me I cant be fired without a valid and proven reason
    Can you tell me the nature of the job first? and how you work together? is fast food? office? what is it? what is it you do? (generally if you want)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4TSR)
    Can you tell me the nature of the job first? and how you work together? is fast food? office? what is it? what is it you do? (generally if you want)
    I'm a support worker, so in a team of 4 we cover a home where disabled people live 24/7 helping with whatever they need, a lot of the time we work alone (which means that most of the problems are things like nasty notes left in our communication book, my paperwork being altered, team meetings and things being said to my colleagues) but regularly we will do shorter shifts together

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doodle_333)
    I'm a support worker, so in a team of 4 we cover a home where disabled people live 24/7 helping with whatever they need, a lot of the time we work alone (which means that most of the problems are things like nasty notes left in our communication book, my paperwork being altered, team meetings and things being said to my colleagues) but regularly we will do shorter shifts together
    Altering somebody else's paperwork in a role like yours is extremely illegal. You have every right to go to the police immediately the next time you have access to the papers. Documentation is the only thing that protects you and the clients (if it's not written down then it never happened), and changing it raises a massive amount of issues like safeguarding and perjury. If something ever goes wrong with a client and you're brought to a court of law by the client, the relatives or the company, the documentation is scrutinised as it's the main evidence to both protect you and condemn you.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.