Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Want to study Optometry but don't have required grades Watch

ReputationRep:
    I am 20 years old, I desperately want to do Optometry at Uni but I don't have the required grades, I have 8 GCSES A* to C including; BB for English, C for Biology, B for Physics, D for Chemistry and a C for Maths. I am really stuck and don't know if it's possible for me to do Optometry with these grades. Could someone please help me, what are my options with regard to foundation courses and access courses with these grades? Would I be able to get onto one? Would I have to resit any GCSEs? And would Unis look down on my application if I did? I would be looking to go to Uni in the 2015 academic year so I have time now to resit GCSEs.

ReputationRep:
    Your GCSEs are okay. You could do an access to science course. That will help with your application to university.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah do an access course,
    Why not go for Audiology instead of optometry?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.