Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ok so I'm just about to go into year 10 and I'm a bit short compared so some of the other lads In my year... Usually I'm fine with girls, have no problems and if I want a relationship with someone I can usually work for it. But there is this girl she's around 5'6 and I'm 5'3 and she said to me just in a chat that she would want to go out with me if I was taller. She described what she looked for in a guy and it described me really well I think but yeah, I really like her and don't know what to do! Advice?
    (Anyone thinking of saying move on, it's not that easy!)

ReputationRep:
    You have to forget it. She told you point blank its not going to happen. Or you can try to grow and ask her out in a year or two, but if you reach your maximum height only an inch or two taller than you currently are, its not going to happen

Alternatively you can try desperately to win her affections for 3+ years though I'd recommend the former

ReputationRep:
    As you get older, especially this girl she'll realise height isn't the most important factor. For the time being perhaps buy some height insoles?

ReputationRep:
    Wow, this was me in Year 9. She said the same thing to me - the girl I liked. I was 4 inches smaller than her. Then I just moved on by saying to her friend when she asked me when the new term started if I still liked her. I said No even though I did. Then over 6 months, guess what happened. I grew to a height where I was 3 inches taller than her. I was then 5 foot 8. But I screwed up my chances cause I said No.

I am now 5 foot 11 and am just starting year 12.

Message is: Don't shoot yourself in the foot and dig yourself a hole. I did this.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 14, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.