Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

TSR Movie Madness: Group C SF1: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly V Saving Private Ryan Watch

• View Poll Results: Group C: Semi Final 1
    The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
    38.24%
    Saving Private Ryan
    61.76%

ReputationRep:
    Movie Madness is an event pitting 64 films against each other in a tournament where only one will triumph (to find out more, click here).
    Who will progress to the next round? You decide.

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1966)
    Everything about Sergio Leone's epic western is iconic. The sweeping cinematography. Clint Eastwood's phenomenal performance as The Man With No Name. Even the tagline "For three men the civil war wasn't hell. It was practice!" Quentin Tarantino's favourite film, it's somewhat fitting that it should be in this matchup.

Saving Private Ryan (1998)
    Steven Spielberg's greatest talent has always been to generate tales of human interest no matter what the setting, and nowhere is that more apparent than in Saving Private Ryan. Set against a backdrop of high-action scenes as the Allies storm Nazi-occupied France in WWII, the film pursues a small team of men fighting to reach and evacuate one solider after his other three brothers have been killed.

ReputationRep:
    The Good, the Bad and the Ugly is clearly better.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    One's iconic, the other is just a good war film.

ReputationRep:
    One's a great film, one's a great 28 minutes (or whatever). The Good, the Bad and the Ugly for me.

ReputationRep:
    One of my all time faves, Saving Private Ryan for me, easily

ReputationRep:
    Went for Saving Private Ryan personally.

I'm just more of a modern film guy rather than a western. Personal preference i suppose.

ReputationRep:
    Shame TGTBATU is gonna lose because fewer people have seen it than SPR. I'd say the majority of those who've watched both would go for the former. Definitely in my top 10, possibly top 5.

ReputationRep:
    TGTBATU is one of my favourite films ever and wins this one hands down. Just thinking about The Ecstasy of Gold gives me goosebumps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClickItBack)
    Shame TGTBATU is gonna lose because fewer people have seen it than SPR. I'd say the majority of those who've watched both would go for the former. Definitely in my top 10, possibly top 5.
    Con confirm, have only seen SPr so voted for it.

ReputationRep:
    TGTBTU, although it's not as good as Once Upon a Time in the West.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 17, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.