The Student Room Group

Told my girlfriend I loved her/now regretting it?

Hi guys this past week I told my girlfriend of about 6 months that I loved her. She said it back we said it in person and by text. However I was always sceptical to say it given I'm always cautious and didn't want to become vulnerable or her to not say it back. I have recently discovered that she told her previous boyfriend that she loved him through accidental Facebook messagings, curiosity killed me I'm afraid. But now considering I told her I loved her when on holiday with her I kind of feel I may have jumped the gun and now regret it. She will say it to mean again but I can't bring myself to say it and she will wonder what is wrong. Can anybody suggest some advice about where to go from here.
Wait, what? You're upset because she's loved someone before?

Original post by Anonymous
Hi guys this past week I told my girlfriend of about 6 months that I loved her. She said it back we said it in person and by text. However I was always sceptical to say it given I'm always cautious and didn't want to become vulnerable or her to not say it back. I have recently discovered that she told her previous boyfriend that she loved him through accidental Facebook messagings, curiosity killed me I'm afraid. But now considering I told her I loved her when on holiday with her I kind of feel I may have jumped the gun and now regret it. She will say it to mean again but I can't bring myself to say it and she will wonder what is wrong. Can anybody suggest some advice about where to go from here.
Reply 2
Original post by Coke Or Pepsi
Wait, what? You're upset because she's loved someone before?

Well that maybe part of the problem but I dont want to throw that word around if its something that's not going to last. The thought of her loving someone else and gelling them that kills me
Well that maybe part of the problem but I dont want to throw that word around if its something that's not going to last. The thought of her loving someone else and gelling them that kills me

Maybe you aren't ready for a relationship if you can't handle her loving someone before you. You can love someone and not end up together forever.

Original post by Coffeetime
Maybe you aren't ready for a relationship if you can't handle her loving someone before you. You can love someone and not end up together forever.

OP, I've got to agree with Coffeetime. The past is the past... I've loved in the past, and I do not love the person now at all. Love is an emotion that comes and goes like any other - it isn't some sacred word that can only be said if one believes it will last for all eternity. It's hard to swallow - the thought of my boyfriend having loved another girl in the past also upsets me now and again when I think about it, but the fact is that he loves ME now, and he loves me more than anyone... Surely, that's enough? One day, you will be dating someone else (if you and your girlfriend don't work out), and you will love another person... Similarly, many people lose their significant others in tragic accidents but they move on and learn to love again. Don't beat yourself up about it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending