Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I’ve had a letter that wants me to pay back all the grant money I have been payed for this last year. This hasn’t been helped because my parents didn’t send off the extra evidence requested at the time, until a couple of months after we were asked for it. I was then told I wasn’t entitled to any grant money because the evidence hadn’t been submitted, the evidence was submitted a short while after the letter stating this. This was received by my LEA and sent back with a receipt, but shouldn’t I have heard something from them stating whether everything is in order or not? This was a couple of months back now and I’ve checked online just in case the letter has gone missing in the post, but nothing on there either. If anyone who’s had a similar problem could explain what the process for them was, then that would be great. I’m looking to know what my options are before making any phone calls tomorrow.

Thanks in advance for any replies

ReputationRep:
    We have had similar problems with a lot of evidence, (ongoing october-july now!) they often scan things but don't return them, or evidence is 'missed' (see me screaming at them for four weeks on the phone). Student finance will not actively chase you for grant overpayment until you have either provided information they do not see as suitable, or have declared you can not supply it. You will still receive letters in the post, but no bailiffs etc will be sent.
    Over payments WILL need to be repaid separate from your student loan payments, so i would recommend ringing up and sorting out a payment plan depending how much you owe.

ReputationRep:
    i've also had a letter about repaying some of my student loan as i dropped out in July. just wondering what their payment plans are like? does it vary massively depending on how much you receive?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.