The Student Room Group

Are you able to apply to other universities via UCAS when your in uni?

I was very unfamiliar with this, but recently somebody told me that it is possible. Not that I have heard of anyone applying to other universities for another course whilst still at universities.

I'm going to do a course in september which doesn't lead me directly to where I want to go. But there is a course that does that and I don't want to take another year out for the next app cycle to apply for it. So was wondering if in the duration of the course I am able to apply to that another course and transfer?
Original post by SiMan
I was very unfamiliar with this, but recently somebody told me that it is possible. Not that I have heard of anyone applying to other universities for another course whilst still at universities.

I'm going to do a course in september which doesn't lead me directly to where I want to go. But there is a course that does that and I don't want to take another year out for the next app cycle to apply for it. So was wondering if in the duration of the course I am able to apply to that another course and transfer?

You can apply while at university.
You will need to list your university within the education section - and ideally get someone from the university to provide your reference.

It isn't a good idea to do this just because you don't want a gap year - the universities you apply to will usually be able to tell (so will think you're a bit lazy and take the easy option) or if they can't tell then you appear indecisive.

Depending on the course if you complete more than a year on one degree you may not be eligible for student loans/grants for the full duration of a second course.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending