Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

my dad wont let me go, some advice please? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I really want to go on holiday with my boyfriend in September as he's 18 and im 18 two months after. My dad will let me go out to parties with him and everything but wont let me go to Bournemouth for one night with him. i can afford it and he knows how mature me and my boyfriend are and yet he still wont let me go even after me and boyfriend have been together for 2 years. how can i convince him?

ReputationRep:
    What are his reasons?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shannonwootten)
    I really want to go on holiday with my boyfriend in September as he's 18 and im 18 two months after. My dad will let me go out to parties with him and everything but wont let me go to Bournemouth for one night with him. i can afford it and he knows how mature me and my boyfriend are and yet he still wont let me go even after me and boyfriend have been together for 2 years. how can i convince him?
    Dads always want to keep their little girls safe and no matter how old you are - you will still be considered his baby.

Really you are almost an adult and he is being a bit over protective.

Does he like your bf. If so why don't you show him where you will be staying, and offer to call him the moment you get there and at night before you go to bed.

Otherwise - don't defy him it will only cause problems. YOu could go for a day trip instead

ReputationRep:
    If you can maturely discuss his reasons then he hasn't really got a case. Show him your plans, let him have contact details if he wants them, promise to keep your phone charged and on, show him the planning you have done etc. He is worried, its natural, he probably prefers to believe you are not sleeping together, if you aren't then tell him you will not be sharing a room! Handle this well this time and it will never be an issue again, cause a huge fuss and fall out and you'll still have all this to sort next time this comes up.

ReputationRep:
    thankyou for your reply He likes my bf very much and they get along great but its because im only 17. He said that I can go away for at like 9am and come back at like mid-night so i said but what the difference in that? I'd be asleep by that time anyway so whats the point in come back at that time when we can just stay there and he kept going and going and so i pulled out the crying card and he said 'He'd think about it but he wouldnt be happy with it' Then i showed him the comments on the student room and he sort of felt abit bad, so thanks peeps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shannonwootten)
    he don't want u banging

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 15, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.