Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all!

I've been offered places to join both QMUL and Birkbeck for a MSc in Marketing this coming year. Does anyone have any advice as to which to choose?

They both hold good reputations as far as I'm aware, QMUL being a Russell Group Uni and Birkbeck being well renowned for its business-related courses. There's not much difference in fees, Birkbeck is evening study and QMUL is daytime study.

Any advice on which to choose would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by j90ack)
    Hi all!

I've been offered places to join both QMUL and Birkbeck for a MSc in Marketing this coming year. Does anyone have any advice as to which to choose?

They both hold good reputations as far as I'm aware, QMUL being a Russell Group Uni and Birkbeck being well renowned for its business-related courses. There's not much difference in fees, Birkbeck is evening study and QMUL is daytime study.

Any advice on which to choose would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance.
    Depends how much money you have. Obviously at Birkbeck you can work during the day so you won't be so poor.

I went to Birkbeck and it was great but I do feel I missed out on being a proper student etc. I realise that you have already had a uni experience and probably don't want to do the whole student union thing again.

The advantages with Birkeck also are that you meet a whole host of different people - some much older and from all walks of life and careers. You have to cram a lot into the evening lectures and if you are working you do find your time being pulled in all sorts of directions. There also isn't such a feeling of a uni about it - it is more evening classes.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, that's certainly helpful. In terms of reputation, does one stand out way beyond the other? Or are the fairly evenly matched. I think if prefer traditional daytime study as opposed to evenings, however, if birkbeck is held on higher regard then makes more sense to go with that. Right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.