Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody else watch this decent TV show and think it is good. Thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jord089)
    Does anybody else watch this decent TV show and think it is good. Thoughts?
    Incredible show.

It's on bar with Breaking Bad & The Walking Dead for me.

Very well written and very dark/psychological with a bit of comedy in there too.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah dexter is really good although the ending wasn't as good,It's definitely underrated, Hannibal is really good too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    First 4 seasons are great, last 4 seasons are awful. The writing gets really lazy after a brilliant season 4.

ReputationRep:
    Good show for the most part but the ending was so bad that it has tarnished its reputation forever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OllieDS)
    Incredible show.

It's on bar with Breaking Bad & The Walking Dead for me.

Very well written and very dark/psychological with a bit of comedy in there too.
    Some Masuka comedy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h3isenberg)
    First 4 seasons are great, last 4 seasons are awful. The writing gets really lazy after a brilliant season 4.
    Season 7 is fantastic as well, you can't write off that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by plusC)
    Season 7 is fantastic as well, you can't write off that!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Season 7 was okay, could have been better without the uninteresting Quinn story line. Didn't like the 'plot twist' of the Ukrainian guy being gay and then teaming up with Dexter. Also the death of that guy who sent Dexter the hand (forgot his name) was annoying, thought he made it more interesting. The writers seemed to disregard completely that in the early seasons Captain LaGuerta had a thing for Dexter and they just couldn't be arsed with the whole LaGuerta-Batista love affair
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Yes I'm only on season 4 myself and so far I think it is good.

You're right about breaking bad and Walking Dead being good also because I like them.

Another two good ones are True Detective and Hannibal

ReputationRep:
    How is true detectives?? Compared to dexter, hannibal, breaking bad etc on the same level or

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have not watched it yet. When I get back from holiday, I will.

ReputationRep:
    I think Dexter is a good show, Season 4 was incredible, however Seasons 5-8 were pretty poor in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    Im on Season 6 at the moment, and I agree season 4 was incredible, as was season 1 (ice truck killer) I thought that was amazing. I hope the remaining seasons aren't as bad as people suggest.

*****SEMI SPOILER ALERT*****
    Can anyone explain why the rapist gang only rape women who are blonde and blue eyed and look a certain way?
    Also, what was Jordans motive, afterall he never touched them?

ReputationRep:
    Mostly good, the last two seasons were absolutely terrible though. Almost unwatchable.

Season 1 however has to be up there with one of the best series' of television I've ever seen.

ReputationRep:
    I've watched it all the way through, more than once. I enjoyed it for the most part, I certainly was quite a huge fan of the show. It wasn't absolutely terrible, and it was good enough to pass time (better than staring into empty space). There have been some memorable episodes and seasons. But I have to be honest...as much as I enjoyed a lot of the earlier seasons, I must say it's a really trashy show. I can't say it's a good show, it's plain bad. The quality of the writing is very poor, really lazy writing, especially the last 2 seasons. At its best, the show was amazing. But gradually, over the last few seasons, the story just got completely ridiculous and out of hand, it spiraled out of control. Dexter's character was changed WAY too much towards the last few seasons, he became completely different (in a bad way) compared to how he was before. He started to succumb to emotions and developed character traits that made him weak and reckless, I did not like the way they developed the character at all. So overall, the quality of the writing and the story is extremely poor, and the ending was terrible. Just another trashy show like Breaking Bad, Walking Dead and Game of Thrones. Can't expect everything to be a perfectly crafted masterpiece like The Wire.

ReputationRep:
    Dexter is amazing without a doubt.

BUT

already in Season 3 I started to notice plot holes, the story taking extreme liberties (as in blatant things going on that would get him caught but were just ignored).

Also, the last four seasons other than I think 7 with the Russian/Ukrainian were not quite as good the one with Colin Hanks even quite bad. And the last episode is just ****ed up. Not where we wanted Dexter to end up.

But it's definitely worth a watch.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I have never been so gripped with a show than with True Detective. It is so well written and some of the quotes are just magical. As far as Dexter goes I am up to season 5 now and I am still loving it.

ReputationRep:
    Hannibal is soo good!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slim Shady 96)
    Hannibal is soo good!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Indeed it is sir indeed it is.

I have the books and I am hoping to read them when I have some time.

ReputationRep:
    I just finished Breaking Bad and so I was looking for something else to watch so I chose Dexter. I watched the first episode and it seems like it should be really good.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 29, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.