Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I've handed in my notice and I've already served 2 weeks of it. On my last payslip I was docked £140 for taking to much holiday (apparently), so obviously that ticked me off a little bit.

On Sunday morning I phoned in sick for my Sunday shift as I had been throwing up through the night and was just feeling really crap. I got the usual lecture on the phone about how I'm letting my team down blah blah blah. I've felt no better today and I've lost my voice and therefore been unable to contact the absence line (not that you are required too anyway). Two hours after my shift was meant to have started, I received numerous voice mails from my manager who was telling me to come in, saying that I was taking an unauthorized absence, just really being a complete ****. She left me a text telling me how much trouble I'm going to be in when I get back. Basically, I'm so angry, is there even any point in me returning, or should I just give them the middle finger?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JayPlays)
    So I've handed in my notice and I've already served 2 weeks of it. On my last payslip I was docked £140 for taking to much holiday (apparently), so obviously that ticked me off a little bit.

On Sunday morning I phoned in sick for my Sunday shift as I had been throwing up through the night and was just feeling really crap. I got the usual lecture on the phone about how I'm letting my team down blah blah blah. I've felt no better today and I've lost my voice and therefore been unable to contact the absence line (not that you are required too anyway). Two hours after my shift was meant to have started, I received numerous voice mails from my manager who was telling me to come in, saying that I was taking an unauthorized absence, just really being a complete ****. She left me a text telling me how much trouble I'm going to be in when I get back. Basically, I'm so angry, is there even any point in me returning, or should I just give them the middle finger?
    I would think it courteous that you work through your notice period. Plus, it's still money you earn after all - especially if you're docked £140 for unauthorised absences, sounds like you need all the money you can get to recuperate that.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.