Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

if i go to my insurance what happens about student finance, accommodation etc. Watch

• Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    if i end up going to my insurance, what happens about student finance? how will i be able to update it all in time cause information about my accommodation will change as i will be living in halls if i go there instead of living at home (which what happens if i go to my firm)?
    also how do i apply for accommodation in time after that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tgwktm)
    if i end up going to my insurance, what happens about student finance? how will i be able to update it all in time cause information about my accommodation will change as i will be living in halls if i go there instead of living at home (which what happens if i go to my firm)?
    You sound like you're panicking well ahead of time. You complete a change of course form for student finance. It's very straight forward and happens to thousands and thousands of people every year. You will have to apply for accommodation at your new university, but once again, this is a very, very common thing and they will help you through it.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carnationlilyrose)
    You sound like you're panicking well ahead of time. You complete a change of course form for student finance. It's very straight forward and happens to thousands and thousands of people every year. You will have to apply for accommodation at your new university, but once again, this is a very, very common thing and they will help you through it.
    i just don't know what i want to do and i like to have some idea of what i need to do after results day. my firm choice i love, i can't see myself anywhere else. my insurance is nice too but i just don't know:confused:

ReputationRep:
    i just don't know what i want to do and i like to have some idea of what i need to do after results day. my firm choice i love, i can't see myself anywhere else. my insurance is nice too but i just don't know:confused:
    Hope for the best, prepare for the worst. If you don't get into your firm, don't just jump at anything for the sake of it. Better to take a year out and make a decision in the cold light of reason than make a big mistake.

ReputationRep:
    changing student finance is simple, you can usually change the university online. As far as the accommodation goes you need to read the universities individual policy. It's likely to be either
    1) Apply by the deadline along with everyone else
    2) Apply once your place is confirmed
    3) Go and find a house with other soon to be students

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.