Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

how good is BTEC Level 3 National Diploma in Children's Play, Learning and Developmen watch

ReputationRep:
    I want to complete my childcare qualification as I've already received a CACHE level 2 Diploma in Caring for Children due to not passing my maths had to do an apprenticeship stopping me progressing onto level 3...
    ...Would BTEC Level 3 National Diploma in Children's Play, Learning and Development be of any help?

Reason is....My previous college let me down, other colleges in Manchester don't seem to do the cache level 3 childcare and education qualification originally what I wanted to do expect for one college I am aware of.

If I plan going uni in 2 years time would this qualification benefit me? Don't want to waste 4 yrs of childcare education want to get the level 3

ReputationRep:
    What do you want to study at Uni and what do you want to be in the future? Because it depends on that..
    I am also starting a Level 3 Diploma in Childcare and Education in September

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by funkydee19)
    What do you want to study at Uni and what do you want to be in the future? Because it depends on that..
    I am also starting a Level 3 Diploma in Childcare and Education in September
    teaching or some thing quite related to it, if uni is not for me then some where in the lines of special educational needs to a higher nursery manager position n thanks for the reply

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sim12345)
    teaching or some thing quite related to it, if uni is not for me then some where in the lines of special educational needs to a higher nursery manager position n thanks for the reply
    Ahh I do know that you could defiantly get onto the Early Childhood Studies degree, which will allow you to become an Early Years Teacher (Which I think means you can only teach from Reception down), or you could even Manage a nursery! Not to sure about the actual Teacher Training course, but I am sure that it is possible as having your Level 3 in Childcare does mean you have experience with children.
    oh and no problem

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by funkydee19)
    Ahh I do know that you could defiantly get onto the Early Childhood Studies degree, which will allow you to become an Early Years Teacher (Which I think means you can only teach from Reception down), or you could even Manage a nursery! Not to sure about the actual Teacher Training course, but I am sure that it is possible as having your Level 3 in Childcare does mean you have experience with children.
    oh and no problem
    thanks for ur help really appreciated it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sim12345)
    I want to complete my childcare qualification as I've already received a CACHE level 2 Diploma in Caring for Children due to not passing my maths had to do an apprenticeship stopping me progressing onto level 3...
    ...Would BTEC Level 3 National Diploma in Children's Play, Learning and Development be of any help?

Reason is....My previous college let me down, other colleges in Manchester don't seem to do the cache level 3 childcare and education qualification originally what I wanted to do expect for one college I am aware of.

If I plan going uni in 2 years time would this qualification benefit me? Don't want to waste 4 yrs of childcare education want to get the level 3
    Yes. Get your level 3 btec (decent grades) and you could get into university to study an education related course no problem. Your GCSE maths could hinder you when you apply for teacher training but you have years to address this. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    thanks guys one question does any assignments involve maths if so how many?

thanks once again some relief

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 15, 2014
Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Features

Blinkered horse

Take off your BTEC blinkers

Find out the truth behind the BTEC myths.

Polling station sign

BTEC essentials

What you really need to know about studying BTEC.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.