Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,
    I'm in a major dilemma. I've just finished my first year of college, and I've got to start looking for Uni's or anything else. I don't think I'll have the top top grades to get In a Russell Group Uni, but I'm not really sure if it's for me. Money isn't my main motivator, but obviously it is necessary to reap search whether a certain degree all lead to a well-paid job, but after looking at apprenticeships, some earn the same as people who have a degree? I'd love to go into Business and start my own, I've been thought of maybe going into becoming a pilot, but is there a point in my going to Uni if I'd like to start my own business?

It'd be great if I could hear your thoughts on this

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well that is not a question that we can answer a degree in Business will help you no doubt but it's not the be all and end all it's really up to you do you WANT to go to uni you will learn how to live alone +whatever they teach on the uni course so I would go but it's not essencal for what you want to do on your life uni is allot of fun and well worth the time and money

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JTjunior)
    Hey guys,
    I'm in a major dilemma. I've just finished my first year of college, and I've got to start looking for Uni's or anything else. I don't think I'll have the top top grades to get In a Russell Group Uni, but I'm not really sure if it's for me. Money isn't my main motivator, but obviously it is necessary to reap search whether a certain degree all lead to a well-paid job, but after looking at apprenticeships, some earn the same as people who have a degree? I'd love to go into Business and start my own, I've been thought of maybe going into becoming a pilot, but is there a point in my going to Uni if I'd like to start my own business?

It'd be great if I could hear your thoughts on this

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Based on your aspirations, surely a Business & Management Course would be good for you at University?

You'd also begin making contacts with other Business minded people on your Course which you may end up partnering with or hiring, it's not uncommon.

ReputationRep:
    So would you say it's just worth having a degree which could be used later on?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.