Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey there,

I was just wondering if anyone would be able to help me. I'm really interested in Brunel Uni, however I was hoping for a honest opinion and review of the Uni as a whole. As the prospectus just tell you what they want you to hear.

Thanks Cara

ReputationRep:
    Havent been, but the website Whatuni has student reviews on unis

ReputationRep:
    Thank you will have a look

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I've just finished my 2nd year at Brunel. Honestly I couldn't be happier at the uni. Everyone is so friendly, the uni itself is so diverse and the teaching quality is excellent. Obviously I can only speak on behalf of my particular school, the uni is also moving up in the league tables which must be a sign that they're doing something right. If you have any questions then feel free to ask ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That is not true. Brunel is plummeting in the league tables.
    It also has above average complaints at the OIA, which investigates student complaints.

CaraCC if you are doing sports or engineering, I think you are okay. Otherwise, I personally would not recommend it. I know many people that left there for better universities or just regretted going there. I being one of them. But then again, like Bubble_10, there must be people that enjoy it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubble_10)
    Hey, I've just finished my 2nd year at Brunel. Honestly I couldn't be happier at the uni. Everyone is so friendly, the uni itself is so diverse and the teaching quality is excellent. Obviously I can only speak on behalf of my particular school, the uni is also moving up in the league tables which must be a sign that they're doing something right. If you have any questions then feel free to ask ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What was the first week and day like. When you moved in to your halls for the first time? Did you feel nervous or shy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gorganite)
    What was the first week and day like. When you moved in to your halls for the first time? Did you feel nervous or shy?
    At least in the school of Engineering there were plenty of induction programs, and plenty of societal meetups. The people were friendly enough and would help you moving your stuff into your room. The nervousness and shyness is really down to your personal feelings. I never felt left out though; there was always something going on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gorganite)
    I had mixed emotions of nerves and excitement. During the 1st week we had inductions where we just found out about the course and met our tutors.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    hey thanks for your responses I was thinking about doing sports, health and exercise sciences (coaching). so is the university good for it's sports in regards to clubs and facilities?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CaraCC)
    hey thanks for your responses I was thinking about doing sports, health and exercise sciences (coaching). so is the university good for it's sports in regards to clubs and facilities?
    I went to Brunel waaaay before Sports Science got big there, read Laws. I've been back lately as visiting team, though.

I would say the facilities for Sports look first class, Brunel isn't a top university, but it's not definitely not a bad one either. It's also London without being London, if you know what I mean. You get a proper campus and it's been really tidied up in the past few years.

Brunel has always made great play of their placements, I would concentrate on that and the quality of experience you will be able to get (or not as the case may be). There's a lot of people doing Sports, and you're going to have to fight with all the monsters from Lboro for jobs.

The sports teams are generally quite nice people - not dickish at all, and unlike most London unis, everything is on your doorstep.

The only thing I would say is - if you're not from London, don't go to Brunel and expect to be walking from lectures to Selfridges. Town has also never been amazing, but might have improved now the crabs have moved out.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.