Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Worried about the money issue of going down for freshers, since I don't get any payments until the 24th just wondering if it'll be a necessity to take some money with me if i'm moving into accommodation earlier?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jyood)
    Worried about the money issue of going down for freshers, since I don't get any payments until the 24th just wondering if it'll be a necessity to take some money with me if i'm moving into accommodation earlier?
    Why dont you get it until the 24th? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hl7495)
    Why dont you get it until the 24th? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I wasn't actually given a reason it was just the documents that come through them post for student finance, saying that the first payment would be made on the 24th :s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jyood)
    I wasn't actually given a reason it was just the documents that come through them post for student finance, saying that the first payment would be made on the 24th :s
    Ah ita because ucas says start of term is the 25th but i know my timetable starts the 22nd i think well all be in the same situation tbh they must have some sort of arrangement in place to pay at the end of the week perhaps? I think ill have to save up now for money for freshers! Haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hl7495)
    Ah ita because ucas says start of term is the 25th but i know my timetable starts the 22nd i think well all be in the same situation tbh they must have some sort of arrangement in place to pay at the end of the week perhaps? I think ill have to save up now for money for freshers! Haha
    Another factor of uni that's confusing me, i swear i thought it would of calmed down by now but it seems to get more confusing as time goes on! time to save

ReputationRep:
    Use your student bank account's overdraft. The money that was going into it was going to be used anyways.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jyood)
    Accomodation first payment is take the 20th october ive just accepted my contract!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jyood)
    You won't get paid until 2/3 days after your university confirms you have registered. So it might be later than the 24th.

My mum lent me money for first year freshers but using your overdraft is just as good.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.