OctopusW
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi folks,

I'm considering a change into accountancy, with the aim being to charter, and was considering going AAT-ACA as opposed to ACA training agreement direct. I have a 2:2 degree, and 280 UCAS, but none of it finance related. Based on that is AAT before ACA a good route to go?

What's the consensus on AAT-ACA fast track?
Tokyoround
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Have you tried to get a training contract yet? must it only be ACA that you do? There are other accountancy qualifications out there, CIMA and ACCA also hold their own.
OctopusW
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Tokyoround)
Have you tried to get a training contract yet? must it only be ACA that you do? There are other accountancy qualifications out there, CIMA and ACCA also hold their own.
I'm still gathering information as to which I ought to go for, I don't want to apply for a job I'm not sure I want/don't know enough about! My friend recommended ACA via AAT though, as it eases you into it with level 3 (Essentially a foundation year) and level 4 (almost exactly the first year of an ACA training agreement, less one module). The days you do count towards your 450 as well, my friend informs me.

Later in my career would it matter that I went AAT-ACA because there's a sense of snobbery/pedigree in the buisness, or is it what you've done since training that matters more in your career?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (292)
55.83%
I don't have everything I need (231)
44.17%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed