Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

I'm a shy 15 year old boy who has never had a girlfriend. I have masive crush on this girl at my school who is a year younger than me so she is 14. She is amazing, beautiful brunette who is a fantastic dancer! We make eye contact alot at break and lunch but rarely speak! I followed her on Instagram and she followed back, since then she has liked all my pictures i uploaded on Instagram so I have been told that she might like me too! I have decided to get through my shyness and ask her out to go to the cinema. But don't know what to say-

What if she says 'no' what do i say after that?
    What if she doesn't turn up to the date?
    What if she asks me to kiss her or gives me hints to do it, where do I kiss her and how long do i hold for?

I was thinking about getting her a red rose and a box of chocolates as a present on the date. Good idea or not?
    What do i wear to the date?
    If we are watching a film do i wrap my arm around her or not?
    Do I meet her there or pick her up from her house which is 4 miles away and get bus together?
    On way back the bus goes past my house, do I get off bus and go home or carry on going on bus and drop her off at hers then get another bus back home?
    What film should i take her to watch?

sorry it's that long I'm just nervous as I haven't been on a date in my entire life!

If you have read the whole thing, thank you i really appreciate it!
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I think you should just ask her out for a casual date to the cinema. Even if she turns you down, then it's just getting turned down for a cinema trip, really nothing else. Do you not know her that well? There is a possibility that you will not get stood up on the date since she has liked practically "every" photo on your Instagram. If she aks you to kiss her on the first date, then you do not have to...your just 15, you shouldn't feel like you have to go through things your not ready for yet :lolwut: ! Just put something on you would normally wear to the cinema yourself with a group of mates and decide the rest of stuff for yourself...most teenage girls dig originality! :yy:

ReputationRep:
    Yep im going for it next time i see her! Hopefully she says yes!!

ReputationRep:
    What if she says 'no' what do i say after that?

just carry on with whatever conversation you were having, the awkwardness will pass

What if she doesn't turn up to the date?

if she agrees she will probably turn up

What if she asks me to kiss her or gives me hints to do it, where do I kiss her and how long do i hold for?

whatever you feel right doing, you're both young she isn't going to be expecting you to be super experienced and know exactly what to do

I was thinking about getting her a red rose and a box of chocolates as a present on the date. Good idea or not?

I would keep it casual personally but I'm not into big romantic gestures anyway

What do i wear to the date?

whatever you would usually wear to the place you're going, again there is nothing wrong with it being casual

If we are watching a film do i wrap my arm around her or not?

if you want to, do it, if she seems uncomfortable then stop

Do I meet her there or pick her up from her house which is 4 miles away and get bus together?

picking her up would be cute but if it's only a casual first date there isn't really any reason to

On way back the bus goes past my house, do I get off bus and go home or carry on going on bus and drop her off at hers then get another bus back home?

same as answer above, it's a nice thing to do but it's not necessary

What film should i take her to watch?

ask her what she'd like to see?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks ^!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 19, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.