Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have to present an item from Group 1 and two items from Group 2.

Any idea what "Central or local government, government agency, or local council document giving entitlement" means? I was thinking about a SFE letter showing uni funding entitlement.

Any ideas?

P.S. Yes, it is education-related.

Thanks for reading the post!
    --------------

See list of acceptable evidence below.

Group 1: Primary identity documents
    Document Notes
    Passport Any current and valid passport
    Biometric residence permit UK
    Current driving licence – photo card with counterpart UK/Isle of Man/Channel Islands (full or provisional)
    Birth certificate - issued at time of birth UK and Channel Islands – including those issued by UK authorities overseas, eg embassies, High Commissions and HM Forces
    Adoption certificate UK and Channel Islands

Group 2a: Trusted government documents
    Document Notes
    Current driving licence – old-style paper version UK
    Current photo driving licence Non-UK licences - must be valid
    Birth certificate – issued after time of birth UK and Channel Islands
    Marriage/civil partnership certificate UK and Channel Islands
    HM Forces ID card UK
    Firearms licence UK, Channel Islands and Isle of Man

Group 2b: Financial and social history documents
    Document Notes Issue date and validity
    Mortgage statement UK or EEA Issued in last 12 months
    Bank or building society statement UK and Channel Islands or EEA Issued in last 3 months
    Bank or building society account opening confirmation letter UK Issued in last 3 months
    Credit card statement UK or EEA Issued in last 3 months
    Financial statement, eg pension or endowment UK Issued in last 12 months
    P45 or P60 statement UK and Channel Islands Issued in last 12 months
    Council Tax statement UK and Channel Islands Issued in last 12 months
    Work permit or visa UK Valid up to expiry date
    Letter of sponsorship from future employment provider Non-UK or non-EEA only - valid only for applicants residing outside of the UK at time of application Must still be valid
    Utility bill UK – not mobile telephone bill Issued in last 3 months
    Benefit statement, eg Child Benefit, Pension UK Issued in last 3 months
    Central or local government, government agency, or local council document giving entitlement, eg from the Department for Work and Pensions, the Employment Service, HMRC UK and Channel Islands Issued in last 3 months
    EU National ID card - Must still be valid
    Cards carrying the PASS accreditation logo UK and Channel Islands Must still be valid
    Letter from head teacher or college principal UK - for 16 to 19 year olds in full time education - only used in exceptional circumstances if other documents cannot be provided Must still be valid

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure it has to be two different ones - i.e. a bank statement can only count for one, the other one from group B would have to be different.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juichiro)
    I have to present an item from Group 1 and two items from Group 2.

I plan to present my passport (Group 1) and two bank statements (Group 2 - Section b). I wanted to ask if it is fine if I use bank statements for Group 2.

Any ideas?

P.S. Yes, it is education-related.

Thanks for reading the post!
    --------------

See list of acceptable evidence below.

Group 1: Primary identity documents
    Document Notes
    Passport Any current and valid passport
    Biometric residence permit UK
    Current driving licence – photo card with counterpart UK/Isle of Man/Channel Islands (full or provisional)
    Birth certificate - issued at time of birth UK and Channel Islands – including those issued by UK authorities overseas, eg embassies, High Commissions and HM Forces
    Adoption certificate UK and Channel Islands

Group 2a: Trusted government documents
    Document Notes
    Current driving licence – old-style paper version UK
    Current photo driving licence Non-UK licences - must be valid
    Birth certificate – issued after time of birth UK and Channel Islands
    Marriage/civil partnership certificate UK and Channel Islands
    HM Forces ID card UK
    Firearms licence UK, Channel Islands and Isle of Man

Group 2b: Financial and social history documents
    Document Notes Issue date and validity
    Mortgage statement UK or EEA Issued in last 12 months
    Bank or building society statement UK and Channel Islands or EEA Issued in last 3 months
    Bank or building society account opening confirmation letter UK Issued in last 3 months
    Credit card statement UK or EEA Issued in last 3 months
    Financial statement, eg pension or endowment UK Issued in last 12 months
    P45 or P60 statement UK and Channel Islands Issued in last 12 months
    Council Tax statement UK and Channel Islands Issued in last 12 months
    Work permit or visa UK Valid up to expiry date
    Letter of sponsorship from future employment provider Non-UK or non-EEA only - valid only for applicants residing outside of the UK at time of application Must still be valid
    Utility bill UK – not mobile telephone bill Issued in last 3 months
    Benefit statement, eg Child Benefit, Pension UK Issued in last 3 months
    Central or local government, government agency, or local council document giving entitlement, eg from the Department for Work and Pensions, the Employment Service, HMRC UK and Channel Islands Issued in last 3 months
    EU National ID card - Must still be valid
    Cards carrying the PASS accreditation logo UK and Channel Islands Must still be valid
    Letter from head teacher or college principal UK - for 16 to 19 year olds in full time education - only used in exceptional circumstances if other documents cannot be provided Must still be valid
    You can't use two of the same type of ID, it has to be different.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shelly_x)
    You can't use two of the same type of ID, it has to be different.

(Original post by rainbowworld)
    I'm sure it has to be two different ones - i.e. a bank statement can only count for one, the other one from group B would have to be different.
    Thank you. Any idea what "Central or local government, government agency, or local council document giving entitlement" means?

ReputationRep:
    Why not just use your birthday certificate and one of the bank statements?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TraineeLynsey)
    Why not just use your birthday certificate and one of the bank statements?
    My birth certificate is not UK based.

ReputationRep:
    My birth certificate is not UK based.
    Ah right. Do you not have any of the other standard f documents? P60 or P45? Benefit letter? Utility bill? Council tax bill?

Thank you. Any idea what "Central or local government, government agency, or local council document giving entitlement" means?
    I think this means an official letter showing things like a tax code, etc. Do you have any letters from HMRC at all?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TraineeLynsey)
    Ah right. 1. Do you not have any of the other standard f documents? P60 or P45? Benefit letter? Utility bill? Council tax bill?

2. I think this means an official letter showing things like a tax code, etc. Do you have any letters from HMRC at all?
    1. I have P45s but they are more than 1 year old. I have no benefit/utility/council tax bill letters.

2. I have recent National Insurance Contributions (NICs) letters from HMRC sent to me when I was self-employed. It has my social insurance number, address, name (as well as the amount of NICS I shall pay). Do you think it would qualify? In the worst case scenario, I will just apply for provisional driving license which costs £50 and takes about 2 weeks. But if I can avoid that, I would rather save £50 if I can use documents I already have.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.