The Student Room Group

DBS Applications

I have to present an item from Group 1 and two items from Group 2.

Any idea what "Central or local government, government agency, or local council document giving entitlement" means? I was thinking about a SFE letter showing uni funding entitlement.

Any ideas?

P.S. Yes, it is education-related.

Thanks for reading the post! :smile:
--------------

See list of acceptable evidence below.

Group 1: Primary identity documents
Document Notes
Passport Any current and valid passport
Biometric residence permit UK
Current driving licence photo card with counterpart UK/Isle of Man/Channel Islands (full or provisional)
Birth certificate - issued at time of birth UK and Channel Islands including those issued by UK authorities overseas, eg embassies, High Commissions and HM Forces
Adoption certificate UK and Channel Islands

Group 2a: Trusted government documents
Document Notes
Current driving licence old-style paper version UK
Current photo driving licence Non-UK licences - must be valid
Birth certificate issued after time of birth UK and Channel Islands
Marriage/civil partnership certificate UK and Channel Islands
HM Forces ID card UK
Firearms licence UK, Channel Islands and Isle of Man

Group 2b: Financial and social history documents
Document Notes Issue date and validity
Mortgage statement UK or EEA Issued in last 12 months
Bank or building society statement UK and Channel Islands or EEA Issued in last 3 months
Bank or building society account opening confirmation letter UK Issued in last 3 months
Credit card statement UK or EEA Issued in last 3 months
Financial statement, eg pension or endowment UK Issued in last 12 months
P45 or P60 statement UK and Channel Islands Issued in last 12 months
Council Tax statement UK and Channel Islands Issued in last 12 months
Work permit or visa UK Valid up to expiry date
Letter of sponsorship from future employment provider Non-UK or non-EEA only - valid only for applicants residing outside of the UK at time of application Must still be valid
Utility bill UK not mobile telephone bill Issued in last 3 months
Benefit statement, eg Child Benefit, Pension UK Issued in last 3 months
Central or local government, government agency, or local council document giving entitlement, eg from the Department for Work and Pensions, the Employment Service, HMRC UK and Channel Islands Issued in last 3 months
EU National ID card - Must still be valid
Cards carrying the PASS accreditation logo UK and Channel Islands Must still be valid
Letter from head teacher or college principal UK - for 16 to 19 year olds in full time education - only used in exceptional circumstances if other documents cannot be provided Must still be valid
(edited 9 years ago)
I'm sure it has to be two different ones - i.e. a bank statement can only count for one, the other one from group B would have to be different.
Original post by Juichiro
I have to present an item from Group 1 and two items from Group 2.

I plan to present my passport (Group 1) and two bank statements (Group 2 - Section b). I wanted to ask if it is fine if I use bank statements for Group 2.

Any ideas?

P.S. Yes, it is education-related.

Thanks for reading the post! :smile:
--------------

See list of acceptable evidence below.

Group 1: Primary identity documents
Document Notes
Passport Any current and valid passport
Biometric residence permit UK
Current driving licence photo card with counterpart UK/Isle of Man/Channel Islands (full or provisional)
Birth certificate - issued at time of birth UK and Channel Islands including those issued by UK authorities overseas, eg embassies, High Commissions and HM Forces
Adoption certificate UK and Channel Islands

Group 2a: Trusted government documents
Document Notes
Current driving licence old-style paper version UK
Current photo driving licence Non-UK licences - must be valid
Birth certificate issued after time of birth UK and Channel Islands
Marriage/civil partnership certificate UK and Channel Islands
HM Forces ID card UK
Firearms licence UK, Channel Islands and Isle of Man

Group 2b: Financial and social history documents
Document Notes Issue date and validity
Mortgage statement UK or EEA Issued in last 12 months
Bank or building society statement UK and Channel Islands or EEA Issued in last 3 months
Bank or building society account opening confirmation letter UK Issued in last 3 months
Credit card statement UK or EEA Issued in last 3 months
Financial statement, eg pension or endowment UK Issued in last 12 months
P45 or P60 statement UK and Channel Islands Issued in last 12 months
Council Tax statement UK and Channel Islands Issued in last 12 months
Work permit or visa UK Valid up to expiry date
Letter of sponsorship from future employment provider Non-UK or non-EEA only - valid only for applicants residing outside of the UK at time of application Must still be valid
Utility bill UK not mobile telephone bill Issued in last 3 months
Benefit statement, eg Child Benefit, Pension UK Issued in last 3 months
Central or local government, government agency, or local council document giving entitlement, eg from the Department for Work and Pensions, the Employment Service, HMRC UK and Channel Islands Issued in last 3 months
EU National ID card - Must still be valid
Cards carrying the PASS accreditation logo UK and Channel Islands Must still be valid
Letter from head teacher or college principal UK - for 16 to 19 year olds in full time education - only used in exceptional circumstances if other documents cannot be provided Must still be valid

You can't use two of the same type of ID, it has to be different.
Reply 3
Original post by Shelly_x
You can't use two of the same type of ID, it has to be different.

Original post by rainbowworld
I'm sure it has to be two different ones - i.e. a bank statement can only count for one, the other one from group B would have to be different.

Thank you. Any idea what "Central or local government, government agency, or local council document giving entitlement" means?
Why not just use your birthday certificate and one of the bank statements?
Reply 5
Original post by TraineeLynsey
Why not just use your birthday certificate and one of the bank statements?

My birth certificate is not UK based.
My birth certificate is not UK based.

Ah right. Do you not have any of the other standard f documents? P60 or P45? Benefit letter? Utility bill? Council tax bill?

Thank you. Any idea what "Central or local government, government agency, or local council document giving entitlement" means?

I think this means an official letter showing things like a tax code, etc. Do you have any letters from HMRC at all?
Reply 7
Original post by TraineeLynsey
Ah right. 1. Do you not have any of the other standard f documents? P60 or P45? Benefit letter? Utility bill? Council tax bill?

2. I think this means an official letter showing things like a tax code, etc. Do you have any letters from HMRC at all?

1. I have P45s but they are more than 1 year old. I have no benefit/utility/council tax bill letters.

2. I have recent National Insurance Contributions (NICs) letters from HMRC sent to me when I was self-employed. It has my social insurance number, address, name (as well as the amount of NICS I shall pay). Do you think it would qualify? In the worst case scenario, I will just apply for provisional driving license which costs £50 and takes about 2 weeks. But if I can avoid that, I would rather save £50 if I can use documents I already have.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending