Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    This is going to sound really trivial but I have this mole that's gone strange, the outside of it has gone like...pasty british white, which wouldn't worry me except that I have grade 2/3 skin so I'm quite dark.

I hadn't noticed it till the other day but I think it's been like that for a while. I've booked myself an appointment with my doctor but I'm still worried.
    I've been looking at stuff on the net and a picture that looks similar to mine is a basal thingy which is benine but it's also and I quote "less frequently an extremley aggressive and fatal tumour"

The bottom has fallen out of my stomach and now I can't sleep, I'm sure it'll be fine but the fact it's there in the first place makes me sooo annoyed.

ok thank you for listening to my whimper

ReputationRep:
    Youll be fine, whens your appointment?

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't pick at it.

ReputationRep:
    Don'r worry you have an appointment with the doctor and it will be removed. Whether it is a tumour or benign as long as it is ALL removed you will be fine.

Although pale skin burns most easily ALL skin types can burn and all can develop skin cancer. Do you sun bathe? if you do it might be better to reconsider, but ...... well the last thing you need is someone preaching.

Have it removed and try not to worry. Don't forget although it might look to you the same as a picture it could be that it looks totally different to the doctor.

ReputationRep:
    Could be melanoma. Dont sweat it, if its a skin cancer youll just get it taken out, no biggie. Its the bloody melanomas you have to worry about, you can die before they are seen. My brother had a skin cancer cut out when he was thirteen, in fact I think the figures are something like 1 in 3 will develop skin cancer from too much sun.

ReputationRep:
    dont worry i had a mole on my back that itched loads and i went to the skin clinic and there was nothing to worry about

ReputationRep:
    don't panic! I've got this prob as well, but I have ginger hair, pale skin and loadsa moles and freckles. Mine are always changing and I always go to the docs and then just say dont worry. Cheer up - don't worry until after you've had your appointment.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.