The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Uni of Manchester Freshers 2014-15

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1220
Original post by Origami Bullets
The grass is always greener on the other side :wink: There was no way that I wanted to stay in my home town for uni.

I'm at Manchester and I wouldn't swap it for Kings, personally, but you do need to make your own mind up on this one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks. I think I'm just gonna firm it because it's the top uni for my course so..

Anyway i have a question for you. You know on the Manchester accommodation thread, for the halls that are self catered but have en-suite bathrooms, can you only get en-suite bathrooms in those halls? So can you not get shared bathrooms in those halls?

i.e. Sheavyn house , Richmond park

I want to get self catered/shared bathroom and ultimately I'm hoping to go to Oak house because I'm cheap (lol) but I want a place in Fallowfield campus, so if i don't get oak house i will have to get one of the ensuite ones? How much extra is en-suite if I have to get it?

Also, I've heard that accommodation is given out first come first serve so if I apply now, what is the likelihood (if you happen to know) that I would get into Oak House? Or if you don't know, when did you apply for your accommodation when you were going through the whole process? I'm assuming Oak House was your first choice?

Thanks OB :biggrin:
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by cyiarik
Thanks. I think I'm just gonna firm it because it's the top uni for my course so..

Anyway i have a question for you. You know on the Manchester accommodation thread, for the halls that are self catered but have en-suite bathrooms, can you only get en-suite bathrooms in those halls? So can you not get shared bathrooms in those halls?

i.e. Sheavyn house , Richmond park

I want to get self catered/shared bathroom and ultimately I'm hoping to go to Oak house because I'm cheap (lol) but I want a place in Fallowfield campus, so if i don't get oak house i will have to get one of the ensuite ones? How much extra is en-suite if I have to get it?

Also, I've heard that accommodation is given out first come first serve so if I apply now, what is the likelihood (if you happen to know) that I would get into Oak House? Or if you don't know, when did you apply for your accommodation when you were going through the whole process? I'm assuming Oak House was your first choice?

Thanks OB :biggrin:

You should always double check via http://accommodation.manchester.ac.uk but if a bathroom option isn't listed as being available there, it doesn't exist. RP and SH are entirely self catered en suite.

You can always put Oak House down more than once if you like, anything up to three times - standard, standard with basin and standard large.

You get three choices, so you could always put down one of the catered shared bathroom halls (Ashburne or Woolton)

You can check out prices on the uni website.

Oak House was my first choice, but seeing as I started uni in 2011, I can't remember when I applied at all! I'm afraid I don't have access to the data about the likelihood of you getting a place there though
Reply 1222
Original post by Origami Bullets
You should always double check via <a rel="nofollow" href="http://accommodation.manchester.ac.uk" target="_blank">http://accommodation.manchester.ac.uk</a> but if a bathroom option isn't listed as being available there, it doesn't exist. RP and SH are entirely self catered en suite. <br>
<br>
You can always put Oak House down more than once if you like, anything up to three times - standard, standard with basin and standard large. <br>
<br>
You get three choices, so you could always put down one of the catered shared bathroom halls (Ashburne or Woolton)<br>
<br>
You can check out prices on the uni website. <br>
<br>
Oak House was my first choice, but seeing as I started uni in 2011, I can't remember when I applied at all! I'm afraid I don't have access to the data about the likelihood of you getting a place there though
<br>
<br>
wait? i can put it down more than once?!?! but istn ther a chance that i may not get oak house altogether? or do i have to get one of my choices?<br>
<br>

Ok i justlooked at the prices for those 3 options , quite good soi might do what you said and just put oak house for all three (assming i have to get one of them!) range from 88 - 100 £ v cheap!! hoorah!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by cyiarik
<br>
<br>
wait? i can put it down more than once?!?! but istn ther a chance that i may not get oak house altogether? or do i have to get one of my choices?<br>
<br>

Ok i justlooked at the prices for those 3 options , quite good soi might do what you said and just put oak house for all three (assming i have to get one of them!) range from 88 - 100 £ v cheap!! hoorah!

You don't have to get one of them, but the accommodation office have said that around 80% of people do, so your chances aren't bad at all.
Reply 1224
no what i meant was if i put oak house for all of my choices (large standard and basin), is there a chance that i could get none of my choices ??
Got offered a spot on exchange starting in september! Applied for accommodation at Whitworth Park, seemed good value.
Original post by owainjames
I've firmed my offer for International Business Management with American Business Studies.

What was your offer if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 1227
I've got a place to study Pharmacy, starting in September! Just wondering if anyone else here is studying the same thing? Or if anyone is going to the Open House tomorrow?
Hi everyone! I have a conditional offer to study Sociology here! Any other potential Sociology applicants? :smile: x
Reply 1229
Original post by Hola! :3
I've got a place to study Pharmacy, starting in September! Just wondering if anyone else here is studying the same thing? Or if anyone is going to the Open House tomorrow?

Hey Hola! I've also got a place to study Pharmacy too, and I'm an international student! :smile: Have you thought about accommodation?
Anyone got an offer for Business? :smile:
Original post by eclairesh
Hey everyone, anyone holding an offer for Psychology bsc? (Got an unconditional with A*AB, I'm at uni already but I'll be starting fresh this year, again)

Yes, I have an offer too! :biggrin: your grades are so good, what's the a* in?
Hey did anyone go to the open house accommodation tours today? And which ones did you like best? :smile:
Did anyone go to the accommodation open house yesterday and see Opal Gardens? I couldn't go and want to know other people's opinions!
Reply 1234
thismustbecrazy

Hi! I went to opal gardens and thought it was lovely. It really had a community feel with small lawns and really modern indoor communial spaces. 4 or 5 rooms shared a kitchen. The flat we saw was nice, the room was big with much nicer furniture then Canterbury court for example.
I'm putting it down as my second choice!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RosyJ
thismustbecrazy

Hi! I went to opal gardens and thought it was lovely. It really had a community feel with small lawns and really modern indoor communial spaces. 4 or 5 rooms shared a kitchen. The flat we saw was nice, the room was big with much nicer furniture then Canterbury court for example.
I'm putting it down as my second choice!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahhh thank you so much! What's your first choice? Now i've heard that, Richmond Park and Opal gardens are definitely my top two! What are you going to manchester to do? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1236
Original post by LotusMD
Hey Hola! I've also got a place to study Pharmacy too, and I'm an international student! :smile: Have you thought about accommodation?

I've got it narrowed down to Opal Gardens, Richmond Park, Sheavyn House, Victoria Hall or Woolton Hall... Just trying to decide which to put as my choices. Where are you thinking of living?
Reply 1237
thismustbecrazy

I've applied as my first choice: Victoria hall single and as my second Victoria hall single deluxe. I choose Victoria park over fallowfield because I'm studying child nursing and will need to sleep!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1238
Firming International Business, Finance and Economics!
Reply 1239
Original post by i-love-coffee
Anyone got an offer for Business? :smile:

I've got an offer for IMABS - AAB. Likely it will be my firm choice but not sure yet!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending