The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Uni of Manchester Freshers 2014-15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thismustbecrazy
I've also gone for Opal Gardens and Richmond Park, and I'm doing Mathematics and Physics :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cool :smile: We'll hopefully see each other in September then! Just noticed on your profile.. You're from Wales? :biggrin:
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by octionut
Hey! Conditional offer for Computer Science here (firmed):biggrin:. I have one question though; I applied kinda late for accommodation (27th this month - stupid me) and my first choice was Oak House. Do I have any chance getting a place there:frown:?

Oak House has over a thousand places so I'd say you should be alright. Also bear in mind that there's probably plenty who haven't even applied yet. I was told on my open day that pretty much anyone who goes for Oak House as a first choice will get it. These were students mind, not people involved in allocating accommodation, so they could have been wrong.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by LRKG2079
Cool :smile: We'll hopefully see each other in September then! Just noticed on your profile.. You're from Wales? :biggrin:

I am! Your profile is slightly less informative, but your reaction is leading me to believe that you're from Wales too? :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
How lenient are manchester on the grades :frown: i was given an offer of ABB, for social anthropology but don't think i will get it :frown:
Original post by theconorra
Oak House has over a thousand places so I'd say you should be alright. Also bear in mind that there's probably plenty who haven't even applied yet. I was told on my open day that pretty much anyone who goes for Oak House as a first choice will get it. These were students mind, not people involved in allocating accommodation, so they could have been wrong.

Thats because Oak house is a dump.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am! Your profile is slightly less informative, but your reaction is leading me to believe that you're from Wales too? :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha yeah I am! :smile: Do you speak Welsh?
Haha yeah I am! :smile: Do you speak Welsh?

Yndw tad! :smile: North or South?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yndw tad! :smile: North or South?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Whoo :smile: North, chdi?
Whoo :smile: North, chdi?

;o fi fyd! Na'i yrru message i chdi rwan!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1529
Firmed zoology with industrial experience.

Anyone from Poland this year?
Original post by Subra

Hi Subra,
I'm from Poland too. Got a conditional for chemeng, hopefully I'll get there or to the foundation year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Subra

I'm from Poland (but applying from the UK). I've got a conditional offer for physics :smile:
Reply 1532
Original post by Prested
Hi Subra,
I'm from Poland too. Got a conditional for chemeng, hopefully I'll get there or to the foundation year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awesome. Where in Poland do you live?

Original post by NataliaWojcicka
I'm from Poland (but applying from the UK). I've got a conditional offer for physics :smile:

Great, hello there :smile:.

Have both of you already chosen the accommodation? Which halls?
Original post by Subra

Kujawsko-pomorskie voivodeship. :wink:

I've chosen wright Robinson as my first choice, you?
I felt it's in a very good location, on the old UMIST campus. I'm not sure about it now, though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1534
Original post by Prested
Kujawsko-pomorskie voivodeship. :wink:

I've chosen wright Robinson as my first choice, you?
I felt it's in a very good location, on the old UMIST campus. I'm not sure about it now, though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh well, kujawsko-pomorskie is a long way from lubelskie :P
So the City Campus then! Well I think Opal Gardens was my first choice, if I remember correctly. All are Victoria Park though. I sent you a message, did you get it?
Original post by Subra

Yeah I've chosen hulme, dalton-ellis and withworth :smile:
Reply 1536
Original post by NataliaWojcicka
Yeah I've chosen hulme, dalton-ellis and withworth :smile:

I don't remember now, but I think I've chosen Hulme as well. Have you had an interview? What was your experience? :smile:
Original post by Subra
Oh well, kujawsko-pomorskie is a long way from lubelskie :P
So the City Campus then! Well I think Opal Gardens was my first choice, if I remember correctly. All are Victoria Park though. I sent you a message, did you get it?

Oh, sorry. I did, but I was on the phone. I've answered you.
Hi! I'm applying for Biomaterials and tissue engineering :smile: (Firm, unconditional) ANYONE?

I haven't apply for accommodation yet! Guess I should do it asap.

Which halls will most freshers go to? I would mostly want to be with people who will be starting in the same year :smile:
Original post by Subra
I don't remember now, but I think I've chosen Hulme as well. Have you had an interview? What was your experience? :smile:

Yeah i did, it was great, it was just a discussion and then I had to do some maths :wink: did you have one ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending