Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Don't you think this is like the best show ever?!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I actually do

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do you watch it "everyday?"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    Do you watch it "everyday?"
    Yes i have already finished the whole series and i can honestly say it was the best TV series i have ever watched finale was amazing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kash24411)
    Yes i have already finished the whole series and i can honestly say it was the best TV series i have ever watched finale was amazing
    Finale was sheer perfection, the single best episode of anything I've seen.

Did you fall in love with it from Season 1 Ep 1? I get the vibe that those who love it did from the very beginning. If you don't enjoy season 1, you won't enjoy it. Do you agree?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    Finale was sheer perfection, the single best episode of anything I've seen.

Did you fall in love with it from Season 1 Ep 1? I get the vibe that those who love it did from the very beginning. If you don't enjoy season 1, you won't enjoy it. Do you agree?
    I absolutely loved season 1, the first episode got me hooked onto the show and i totally agree. I just loved each character on the show and how they made it one of the best TV series. Personally my favorite character (apart from WW) was Gustavo fring how about you?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I liked it a lot but overall prefer Dexter. I think the Dexter finale was a disappointment whereas the Breaking Bad finale was really good, but all the other episodes I prefer Dexter.

I'm watching The Americans at the moment and really enjoying it. Gonna watch Hannibal season 2 afterwards which I'm looking forward to as I loved season 1.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    I liked it a lot but overall prefer Dexter. I think the Dexter finale was a disappointment whereas the Breaking Bad finale was really good, but all the other episodes I prefer Dexter.

I'm watching The Americans at the moment and really enjoying it. Gonna watch Hannibal season 2 afterwards which I'm looking forward to as I loved season 1.
    Ah i see where you're coming from, haven't actually seen Dexter yet always get caught up with other shows like at the moment i am watching games of thrones which is getting really good currently on season 3. Also i am currently watching Prison break on season 2 but haven't watched an episode in ages...

Waiting for walking dead to return this October really excited for season 5

ReputationRep:
    For those who sadly chain watched breaking bad way more quickly than they should have- try Dexter. In my opinion it is the next best thing.

ReputationRep:

How is ''the americans'', is it better than Hannibal? Ive not seen either. Which would you recommend?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kash24411)
    Ah i see where you're coming from, haven't actually seen Dexter yet always get caught up with other shows like at the moment i am watching games of thrones which is getting really good currently on season 3. Also i am currently watching Prison break on season 2 but haven't watched an episode in ages...

Waiting for walking dead to return this October really excited for season 5
    Yeah, I'd definitely recommend Dexter. Some people (not me!) say the first season isn't very good but stick with it.

Game of Thrones gets really juicy in season 3. I recently finished watching season 4 of it and enjoyed it a lot, can't wait for season 5.

Oh yeah I forgot about Prison Break, that's on my "to-watch" list.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Yep, totally agree!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somethingunique)
    How is ''the americans'', is it better than Hannibal? Ive not seen either. Which would you recommend?
    The Americans is really good, I have an interest in the history of the Cold War so for me it's interesting from that point of view. Whereas Hannibal is good in a edge of your seat kind of way. Mads Mikkelsen (The guy playing Hannibal Lecter) is such a perfect fit for the role, he really makes the show.

ReputationRep:
    I don't like it! Watched 'Orange Is the New Black' and was hooked from the first episode, decided to try 'Game of Thrones', wasn't sure on it, decided to watch another, hooked and finished the 4 seasons in about 10 days!
    Thought I should try 'Breaking Bad', felt myself having to make an effort to get through the episode. It felt like I'd been watching it for about 3 hours when it had only been 30 minutes! A few days later decided to try and give it another go, still didn't like it, and so gave up on it. I guess it's just a love/hate kinda thing?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I like it but prefer other shows. Is definitely up there in the best tv shows though. Worth watching

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I adored Breaking Bad. I'm going to watch it again over the summer to avoid thinking about results...

I prefer BB, a bit more character development and Dexter did drag on for a bit (what was season 7) but it was definitely not far off for me.
    I don't really know where everyone else has got the idea that Dexter finale was terrible/BB was incredible though- I thought both endings were sort of mediocre and disappointing. Probably partly due me being upset at a very good show coming to an end lol, but BB was not up to what I'd expected from how brilliant the show was as a whole and Dexter definitely not as terrible as it had been made out to be.

ReputationRep:
    I used to think it was the best too... and then I watched The Wire and Sopranos.

ReputationRep:
    I thought Season Four was terrific, but found Season Five relatively disappointing with the white supremacist Nazi villains that we've seen time and time again and Lydia, who I felt lacked charisma.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somethingunique)
    The Americans is great. Hannibal is absolutely brilliant though, it's probably my second favourite show of all time (behind Breaking Bad of course).
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2344277)
    Yeah I adored Breaking Bad. I'm going to watch it again over the summer to avoid thinking about results...

I prefer BB, a bit more character development and Dexter did drag on for a bit (what was season 7) but it was definitely not far off for me.
    I don't really know where everyone else has got the idea that Dexter finale was terrible/BB was incredible though- I thought both endings were sort of mediocre and disappointing. Probably partly due me being upset at a very good show coming to an end lol, but BB was not up to what I'd expected from how brilliant the show was as a whole and Dexter definitely not as terrible as it had been made out to be.
    Tbh it wasn't just the final episode which I found disappointing, the whole season felt disjointed and a let down. Stuff like Masuka's daughter and Zach had potential for development but then weren't really used so it seemed pointless. The final episode was like "go to x", "go to y" etc. I can't remember who said it (I think it might have been the director of season 1) but I liked the idea that all the Dexter episodes are Dexter thinking back as he sits in the electric chair. But becoming a lumberjack? I do get all the stuff about isolation being what he deserves etc but I still don't like it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.