The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

I've got some questions about accommodation and courses

Hello. I have decided I want to go to Birmingham university in a few years time (bit early, I know) but I will be a slight mature student (23) when I go so picking things up here and there over the years will make it a lot easier. I am currently studying and I am pretty much your typical student. I have to redo GCSE's and take A levels (Never sat either of these) so that I can attend, hence why I will be 23 at the time. I have a few questions about the courses and accommodation.

Are you allowed a mini fridge in the rooms? this is the mini fridge I have.

How strict are the grade requirements for the Computer Science courses?

What's it like there for 23 or so year olds?

What's the best accommodation options for wanting both fun and an Ensuite?
I have checked out some and the vale area looks cool.

Thanks for any input you can provide.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Hey.
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 2
Haha sorry random hey message wasn't sent. Although I don't study computer sciences, I am a uni student so can give you some info!
Yeah you'll be allowed a mini fridge in your room no problem. I don"t know of any halls accommodation that wouldn't allow that.
The grades required will depend of the university, Birmingham is quite a competitive and highly ranked uni so I'd imagine that they would require mostly As and Bs but you can check out the grade requirements on their website.
Don't worry about your age because you'll enjoy it just as much, I'm going 19 but I've got loads of people in my course whose age ranges from 21 to 42! I have friends who started out university at 22/25/21 and they do everything that any typical uni student enjoys doing. For every course you will find students of different ages.
As for accommodation in that area, I can't really say much! But I hope some of my info has helped.
Reply 3
Original post by roseyd
Haha sorry random hey message wasn't sent. Although I don't study computer sciences, I am a uni student so can give you some info!
Yeah you'll be allowed a mini fridge in your room no problem. I don"t know of any halls accommodation that wouldn't allow that.
The grades required will depend of the university, Birmingham is quite a competitive and highly ranked uni so I'd imagine that they would require mostly As and Bs but you can check out the grade requirements on their website.
Don't worry about your age because you'll enjoy it just as much, I'm going 19 but I've got loads of people in my course whose age ranges from 21 to 42! I have friends who started out university at 22/25/21 and they do everything that any typical uni student enjoys doing. For every course you will find students of different ages.
As for accommodation in that area, I can't really say much! But I hope some of my info has helped.

Thank you for the information, has put my mind at ease. Can't wait to actually start it, even though it's a few years off :colondollar:.

I did check the grade requirements, but wanted to see what kind of grades people had who got in without hitting the grade requirement.

I have one other question if you don't mind. I was thinking of applying for the MSci 5 year degree but that requires A*AA so I would put that as a firm and the four year Bsc as insurance. Since this would be at the same university, does that mean I would get the freshers guarantee even though I went on the insurance course?.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending