• View Poll Results: Who you got?
    Male
    47.06%
    Female
    11.76%
    Don't care
    41.18%

ReputationRep:
    I've heard that women prefer male bosses because with female ones the cattiness never ends. Now is this true? Any she-devil stories?

ReputationRep:
    Males. Females bosses are dikeds. Males let you get away with alot more things and are more chilled out

ReputationRep:
    Males - females are very *****y sometimes can't be dealing with that cray cray

ReputationRep:
    My immediate superior is a lady.

She may be a bit inconsiderate at times but in no way a bad boss.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MidnightDream)
    Males - females are very *****y sometimes can't be dealing with that cray cray
    Gurl I know you did not just go there!

ReputationRep:
    Male - women can be really *****y and I get on better with males

ReputationRep:
    Heh, I've no real preference. The last two places I've worked I had female bosses. One was a *****, the other was and still is someone I consider to be an extremely close friend, who's only ever supported me and wished me well.

ReputationRep:
    No preference. The worse bosses I've had have been male actually.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm a guy but I don't think I could ever work under a woman again after my past couple of experiences where I although not myself being under a woman, have seen the way the female bosses treat people that are.

It all seems to be some strange female version of **** swinging which is a million times more hostile than males
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Male. I've always got on better with guys rather than girls.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Huskaris)
    I'm a guy but I don't think I could ever work under a woman again after my past couple of experiences where I although not myself being under a woman, have seen the way the female bosses treat people that are.

It all seems to be some strange female version of **** swinging which is a million times more hostile than males
    Yeah I bet you did, you sly dog :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    As an "older" student, I have worked under a number of bosses, and I would rather a male than female anyday. I have had a number of female bosses, who have either been useless and ineffective, always off ill or, in one instance, down right nasty. Just my experience though...

ReputationRep:
    I don't have a problem with either. I've nearly exclusively had female bosses and none was ever catty. One was pretty racist though but somehow I don't think that had anything to DL with her gender!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pollyplaits74)
    As an "older" student, I have worked under a number of bosses, and I would rather a male than female anyday. I have had a number of female bosses, who have either been useless and ineffective, always off ill or, in one instance, down right nasty. Just my experience though...
    Not just your case, look at the thread or other studies. Very few female bosses are liked by employees, either men or women. And women hate them even more. They let their personal feelings get in the way, they are ineffective or they act hyper-masculine to compensate for something. Most likely all 3 in many cases.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Male.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StevieA)
    Not just your case, look at the thread or other studies. Very few female bosses are liked by employees, either men or women. And women hate them even more. They let their personal feelings get in the way, they are ineffective or they act hyper-masculine to compensate for something. Most likely all 3 in many cases.

Just wanted to cover myself! My sister in law is a manager and by all accounts very nice, so I am sure there are nice ones out there...somewhere...but of the 6 women bosses I have had in the last 20 years... all have been pretty much pants.

ReputationRep:
    I've had pretty much 50/50 male and female managers, all the male managers have been great, easy to get along with, organised and work on the principle that if they help you out you'll help them out in return... all the female managers are *****y, incompetent and just try and bully everyone into doing what they want then if they get called out come up with some sob story excuse

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 15, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.