Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Provisional License Watch

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, don't know which topic this should go under, if a mod could move this somewhere more appropriate it would be much appreciated.

I recently received my provisional license and everything is correct but my signature was pulled straight from my passport so I didn't have to send my own picture and deal with all the hassle etc

I soon realised that my signature had changed and that the one on my provisional is not correct. Is this a problem or does it not matter?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Doubt it matters really. Its worth checking just in case.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheStudent.)
    Doubt it matters really. Its worth checking just in case.
    Thanks, who should I check with, the DVLA I'm guessing....

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simpletech668)
    Thanks, who should I check with, the DVLA I'm guessing....

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yah I guess so. I wouldn't worry too much about it though Im not the most consistent with my signatures lol and I've never had any problems.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheStudent.)
    Yah I guess so. I wouldn't worry too much about it though Im not the most consistent with my signatures lol and I've never had any problems.
    Okay thanks, just wanted to make sure incase they make a fuss in my theory exam or something!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    People'd signatures change over time anyway, they don't always look the same. Pretty sure it won't matter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simpletech668)
    Okay thanks, just wanted to make sure incase they make a fuss in my theory exam or something!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It doesn't matter at all - my son's passport was issued when he was 13 with a very childish signature - his provisional licence had this on it along with a very childish photo.

The most important thing is to take both paper and card bits of your licence when you do your theory - because otherwise you will be turned away

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by squeakysquirrel)
    It doesn't matter at all - my son's passport was issued when he was 13 with a very childish signature - his provisional licence had this on it along with a very childish photo.

The most important thing is to take both paper and card bits of your licence when you do your theory - because otherwise you will be turned away
    That's exactly what mine is! Haha

And yea, as my birthday is quite late, I've heard a lot of stories so I'm making sure I remember both bits, thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWorldEndsWithMe)
    People'd signatures change over time anyway, they don't always look the same. Pretty sure it won't matter.
    Thought so, thank you anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I'd just phone up dvla and ask about it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.