Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Doing Double Degree in Undergraduate level!! Seriously, Is it Master equivalent? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I've been thinking of undertaking Bachelor in Finance(Major) and Psychology(minor) again? I think it's a good step for students like me whom is a graduate in Business Management. I graduated like 1 years ago. And I searching for people who have taken the same step that I'm going to take. Hope to get positive response!!! Cheers.

ReputationRep:
    Can I ask why are you thinking about doing this? It really isn't a wise decision to spend another 3 years and tens of thousands of pounds on a degree you already have (a Bachelor's). Unless you've decided you want to go into something totally different that requires a vocational bachelor's as a prerequisite (and given you did business and want to do finance this is clearly not true), doing another bachelor's will be a complete waste of time and money. Employers will laugh at your CV when they look at it, or at least be extremely confused. If you want to learn more about finance, do a master's in finance.

(And no, a second bachelor's degree is not a "Master equivalent"). Also, don't call this a double degree. It's a second degree. A double degree suggests you double-majored in your first bachelor's

ReputationRep:
    No it doesn't 'equal a Masters degree' anymore than 5 A Levels equals a degree.

ReputationRep:
    No. Honours degrees are level 6 qualifications, while Masters degrees are level 7 and PhDs are level 8. They aren't equivalent as they fall within a certain level on the qualification framework.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationa...ions_Framework
    http://ofqual.gov.uk/help-and-advice...ualifications/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ParetoOptimum)
    Can I ask why are you thinking about doing this? It really isn't a wise decision to spend another 3 years and tens of thousands of pounds on a degree you already have (a Bachelor's). Unless you've decided you want to go into something totally different that requires a vocational bachelor's as a prerequisite (and given you did business and want to do finance this is clearly not true), doing another bachelor's will be a complete waste of time and money. Employers will laugh at your CV when they look at it, or at least be extremely confused. If you want to learn more about finance, do a master's in finance.

(And no, a second bachelor's degree is not a "Master equivalent"). Also, don't call this a double degree. It's a second degree. A double degree suggests you double-majored in your first bachelor's

Thank you for your views. But the main point is I've done 3 years bachelor degree. And I am thinking to go overseas like USA or Canada and in this prospective situation, I'm afraid that universities from USA or Canada have some sorts of restriction for 3 years graduate like me. I searched for days about this problem in the internet. And Considering your views, I've started to think MBA in finance is viable but have long process to get equivalency of academic certificates.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raj46)
    Thank you for your views. But the main point is I've done 3 years bachelor degree. And I am thinking to go overseas like USA or Canada and in this prospective situation, I'm afraid that universities from USA or Canada have some sorts of restriction for 3 years graduate like me. I searched for days about this problem in the internet. And Considering your views, I've started to think MBA in finance is viable but have long process to get equivalency of academic certificates.
    Where exactly did you do your bachelor's degree? I'm not quite sure you understood my previous post; don't do another bachelor's degree. It'll be a complete waste of time and money. As for an MBA, any decent MBA will require a few years of professional work experience. An MBA programme that takes on graduates should be avoided at all costs - it's a tell-tale sign that its extremely poor

ReputationRep:
    You could opt for a masters degree

Nightworld1066

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.