Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

I just search around to find some affordable place to live for my coming 4 years in Nottingham (I will be studying Economics at the UoN) and it came up with this website. There is not much information up there and the price is really attractive (79 pounds inclusive a gym access 24h).

http://www.thestudentlodge.co.uk/

Anyone has experience using their services can share yours? I will very much appreciate your information (reviews) as the price on campus seems pretty high.

Many thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Allnames)
    Hi guys,

I just search around to find some affordable place to live for my coming 4 years in Nottingham (I will be studying Economics at the UoN) and it came up with this website. There is not much information up there and the price is really attractive (79 pounds inclusive a gym access 24h).

http://www.thestudentlodge.co.uk/

Anyone has experience using their services can share yours? I will very much appreciate your information (reviews) as the price on campus seems pretty high.

Many thanks.
    I walk past it sometimes to go to a park north of the city. From the outside it seems pretty nice and is directly opposite an Aldi, Maplin, Dunelm.

It's part way into Radford, about a 15-20 minute walk from Jubilee Campus. There's plenty to do nearby and it's about 10 min walk to a bus stop which will get you to town in 5 mins.

I've never been in and don't know anybody who's lived there so can't help on that front sadly.

ReputationRep:
    To DarkWhite,

Thank you very much for your observation. I am bit curious because the price is far way of cheaper than on campus and seem unreasonable. I have never been in Nottingham then can I ask if the area around the place is "safe" (sorry I am still a bit concerned of the safety as being an oversea student)? I found their website is a bit basic too as there is not much reviews or any credentials.

Hope anyone who has used their room could share with me their feedbacks.

Otherwise, would you recommend any other places I should look for please?

ReputationRep:
    The Student Lodge seems new and having had a quick look on the map it does seem fairly far into Radford so you'd be further from most other students. That part of Radford isn't the nicest place but I would say it's relatively safe.

I'd be a bit concerned about the lack of transport to the main campus though as it does mention the L12 bus but when I lived in Unite (the bus went near there) the timings were a bit hit and miss. You ideally want to be as close to Jubilee as possible if you're not going to live in Lenton in case you need to take the hopper bus, of course you can just walk!

If you're concerned about cost have a look at Cotton Mills. It's slightly closer to the main road so easier to get to Lenton and Jubilee Campus and not as far into Radford. I had a friend who stayed there and he liked it. http://www.cottonmills.co.uk/

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.