Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone interested in this area? I've just completed my stage 1 for the BPS accreditation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RSenior)
    Anyone interested in this area? I've just completed my stage 1 for the BPS accreditation.
    I'm studying Exercise and Sport Science but I have done a couple of courses in sport psychology. As an athlete myself, it's pretty interesting but the fact that there isn't a definitive answer in any area of psychology annoys the hell out of me! It's just theory after theory after theory!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bobsta10)
    I'm studying Exercise and Sport Science but I have done a couple of courses in sport psychology. As an athlete myself, it's pretty interesting but the fact that there isn't a definitive answer in any area of psychology annoys the hell out of me! It's just theory after theory after theory!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh my god! I know what you mean for 4 years I have been concluding "someone thinks this whilst someone else thinks this. But more research needs to be done because we don't really know anything"

But the good thing is that you can never be wrong...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RSenior)
    Oh my god! I know what you mean for 4 years I have been concluding "someone thinks this whilst someone else thinks this. But more research needs to be done because we don't really know anything"

But the good thing is that you can never be wrong...
    Even worse is that most theories take a previous one and add a tiny little detail which then is created as a whole new theory.

True, but I would much prefer there to be one definitive theory for motivation than the unholy amount there actually is.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have an offer to study MSc Psychology of Sport at the University of Stirling, I obviously have an undergraduate psychology degree but didn't do any sport psychology modules (As they were only for those doing Sport and Exercise Psychology at undergraduate level). I have done modules that could be applied to it (like one about motivation and emotion and I imagine the BPS modules will have some relevance as well) and my dissertation had a sporting theme to it. I was wondering if there is anything introductory during a postgrad in Sports Psychology or do they presume you know all the sport psychology theories already?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.