The Student Room Group

Chances of passing interview/being placed at Camp America?

I've been looking into it a lot over the past few weeks and would really like to do Camp America 2015.

Realistically, what would be the chances of me passing the interview and getting placed?

The only childcare experience I have is regularly babysitting family (I'm the oldest out of a big family and have a lot of young cousins) and I spent a couple of years when I was 15/16/17 working with girl guides every week (I was a girl guide previous for 10 years) doing activities with them mainly teaching art and crafts. I love working with kids.

One thing that I am scared would let me down is that a couple of years ago I had Cognitive behaviour therapy for a few months because of anxiety/slight depression due to being bullied by a group of friends. This was 2 years ago, would it affect my application? It is in no way an issue now.

My main skill is arts and crafts, in which from the skills list I am skilled (I studied these at college/university) in batik, ceramics, tie dying, general A&C, jewellery, macrame, painting, photography, silkscreen, sketching and woodwork. I have a National Diploma in Art & Design and am carrying on my education at university now.

I also have outdoor skills such as girl guide experience, overnight camping, I spend a lot of time outdoors because I have pet dogs who love the forests.

Do I have any chance of passing my interview and getting placed?
Thanks!
Hey,
I've applied for a few camps recently and worrying too as i have no experience other than babysitting. i had an email this week asking when i can have an informal interview. I'm hoping to get some childcare experience in august and when i return to Liverpool for university from September as there are more opportunities. I'm just really scared because so many people apply who are far more qualified than i am but i really want to get a place net summer.
From what I've read though you seem a likely candidate, i'm wishing you good luck!
Reply 2
I'm hoping to get some experience too, trying to go back and volunteer with Girl Guides. Also think I'm going to go with CCUSA as they say on the website they accept people with just babysitting experience. I'm scared I'll be last choice too so I'm going to keep myself open to every sort of camps even though I would love to go to a girl scout camp.

Good luck! I'm sure you'll get placed, you seem a lot more enthusiastic than a lot of other people I've talked to about it which is what they look for anyway. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest