Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

I would love some advise on this . I just got a call from one of the school I applied for school direct (secondary maths!). Because all the kids are off now, so instead of teaching a bunch of kids, they want me to write an eassy about a lesson I thought (which I havent) or a lesson I observed.

Has anyone done this before?

Cheers
    Michelle

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michellexu)
    Hi all,

I would love some advise on this . I just got a call from one of the school I applied for school direct (secondary maths!). Because all the kids are off now, so instead of teaching a bunch of kids, they want me to write an eassy about a lesson I thought (which I havent) or a lesson I observed.

Has anyone done this before?

Cheers
    Michelle
    If you've not taught a lesson before, you must have observed some in the mandatory work experience that you've undertaken in the past year, no? Can you remember back to a particular lesson that seemed to go well? Try to think about that and reflect on what made it such a great lesson. Think about how the teacher managed behaviour, how that differentiated for differing abilities, the layout of the classroom and how this impacted on group work etc as well as the actual content of the lesson, the learning objective and and assessment that was carried out. Good luck!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.