Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls, how do you act when you are emotionally confused? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Let's say you were already in a romantic relationship but then you meet someone (of the sex that you are attracted to) that you are very compatible with, single, and is someone that you find physically attractive. And let's say he (or she) has already flirted with you before (without knowing you are already taken).
    Would you still want to be friends with that person? Would you be jealous if you heard them talking about other girls/guys (in a sexual/romantic nature), to the point that you don't want to talk to him/her again? How would you act if you he (or she) told you that they are a big flirt?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Summerdays)
    Would you still want to be friends with that person?
    Probably not unless there was some benefit like from discussing something with them. For example discussing like their opinion on your work, an important life exerience or something actually useful like that they could contribute to your life.

Would you be jealous if you heard them talking about other girls/guys (in a sexual/romantic nature),
    No because I would already be in a romantic relationship with someone else, why would I be jealous if I was already satisfied with my partner?

to the point that you don't want to talk to him/her again?
    No... It would just be indifference. I wouldn't care if I was already with someone I was into.

How would you act if you he (or she) told you that they are a big flirt?
    Why would anyone say 'I am a big flirt'. Sounds a bit retarded.

Hope this helped

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Temporality)
    Probably not unless there was some benefit like from discussing something with them. For example discussing like their opinion on your work, an important life exerience or something actually useful like that they could contribute to your life.

No because I would already be in a romantic relationship with someone else, why would I be jealous if I was already satisfied with my partner?

No... It would just be indifference. I wouldn't care if I was already with someone I was into.

Why would anyone say 'I am a big flirt'. Sounds a bit retarded.

Hope this helped
    Thank you for answering! Would you still want to be friends if you didn't find the attractive?
    By "I'm a big flirt", I basically mean them telling you (perhaps indirectly) that they are a flirt.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for answering! Would you still want to be friends if you didn't find the attractive?
    By "I'm a big flirt", I basically mean them telling you (perhaps indirectly) that they are a flirt.
    of course i would still want to be friends with someone I didn't find attractive... its not as if I want to rip all my friends clothes off lol. But having said that if they were really into me and showing me that they were into me by flirting etc I would probably not want to be friends as they should know when to stop if they know I am in a happy relationship. And of course I would tell them I was in that relationship and to back off. If they continued to pursue me knowing all this, then I would probably have to cut them out of my life as they are being ab it of a weirdo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Temporality)
    of course i would still want to be friends with someone I didn't find attractive... its not as if I want to rip all my friends clothes off lol. But having said that if they were really into me and showing me that they were into me by flirting etc I would probably not want to be friends as they should know when to stop if they know I am in a happy relationship. And of course I would tell them I was in that relationship and to back off. If they continued to pursue me knowing all this, then I would probably have to cut them out of my life as they are being ab it of a weirdo.
    What I meant was, in your previous post it seemed like ou wouldn't want to be their friend if you found them attractive and if they flirted with you without knowing.

ReputationRep:
    What I meant was, in your previous post it seemed like ou wouldn't want to be their friend if you found them attractive and if they flirted with you without knowing.
    Anyone who wants to be "friends" with someone who flirts with them not knowing they are in a relationship, is untrustworthy and is leading that person on and they are not dedicated to their partner. I like to think that's both morally wrong and I like to think that if I was in a relationship I would be dedicated enough not to be led astray

ReputationRep:
    I would not believe or think they were more compatible than my current partner; I'm a serious closed off kind of person so I have to be single to be able to see people in that way at all. I'd just think they were a cool friend, if we got along very well.

If they flirted with me, it would depend in what way/how extremely whether I just told them not to or stopped being friends with them entirely. If I told them not to and they continued, I'd stop being friends with them. Anyone who gets along well with me can tell very easily because of my character that I would not respond well to being flirted with when they know I am in a committed relationship. If they'd only just met me and didn't know I was in a relationship, I would tell them obviously.

I'm completely blinded by deep love hah.
    If I was single, who knows I might find out a friend is compatible - while not single, I genuinely do not find anyone else attractive. I've never just found random people sexually appealing (including celebrities).

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 16, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.