The Student Room Group
St Mary's Road Campus
University of West London
London

Unpaid internship views

After university, would you be willing to work in an unpaid internship for a couple of months to gain experience? Even if it wouldn't necessarily guarantee a job?
Original post by chloenicole1989
After university, would you be willing to work in an unpaid internship for a couple of months to gain experience? Even if it wouldn't necessarily guarantee a job?

What sort of internship are we talking?
St Mary's Road Campus
University of West London
London
I am currently doing an IT apprenticeship and I am going to finish soon and am going to do the Level 4 IT apprenticeship as well (I will get paid more- plus I will get a total of 4 certifications which if employers see will be extremely impressed) so basically I will tell you that yes in my experience when I did an internship I was treated like a slave which involved like mostly serving coffee etc and I got bored after a while but am not saying everyone will experience the same thing am just saying that you must be prepared to do work that is not part of the criteria you are meant to do.

I am glad that I am doing an apprenticeship as I have learnt so much that am even worndering what am I doing going to uni when most of the stuff I will be learning tat uni will be outdated. But I just want to boost my career prospect and you know be able to compete with other graduate when I finish because I will have a maximum of four years experience and also a degree and nearly 8-10 certifications and then I am on my way to become a Female Network Engineer.

Woop woop!!!

Sorry for the long response:smile::smile::smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending