Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I'm Jordan I am 19 years old (20 in November) and have literally just been successfully been accepted for University of Wales, Trinity Saint David at the Carmarthen campus.
    I am a year behind my friends in respect of going to university so feel a little in the dark as to what to do and what to expect. I have been looking at my accommodation choices but am unsure as to what the best option is. I am a very confident, bubbly, outgoing person so sharing is not a problem, but at the same time I also like my own little space and quiet time. Halls would obviously be my first choice but which ones can people suggest?
    I also need advice on what things I will need to buy and bring and any other help and advice people have would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you in advance for any help and advice given!
    Jordan

ReputationRep:
    are you staying in halls or sharing private property?

ReputationRep:
    I am not sure yet - seeing what options are around before I decide
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi Jordhannah94,

Why not have a chat with the accomdation team on:

Jean Thomas
    01267 676819
    [email protected]

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jordhannah94)
    Hi everyone, I'm Jordan I am 19 years old (20 in November) and have literally just been successfully been accepted for University of Wales, Trinity Saint David at the Carmarthen campus.
    I am a year behind my friends in respect of going to university so feel a little in the dark as to what to do and what to expect. I have been looking at my accommodation choices but am unsure as to what the best option is. I am a very confident, bubbly, outgoing person so sharing is not a problem, but at the same time I also like my own little space and quiet time. Halls would obviously be my first choice but which ones can people suggest?
    I also need advice on what things I will need to buy and bring and any other help and advice people have would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you in advance for any help and advice given!
    Jordan

Hey, I do psychology on the Carmarthen campus, and as I said on your other thread, I lived in Non. I would definitely suggest bringing wrapping paper because we all have pin boards in our rooms there and wrapping paper makes the room look so cool. Other than that, accommodation wise the kitchens all have things like kettles, fridges and toasters, you would just need to bring cutlery and things, but since you'd be on a catered contract if you lived on campus you would only need to sort out lunch during the day.
    Living off campus can also be really fun and the accommodation office is really helpful with finding places off campus.I would say the best option would be to contact the accommodation office and talk to the team, they're really helpful and friendly and I've always felt really comfortable talking to them.
    Jean is the accommodation officer, and her number and email address is
    01267 676819; [email protected]

Giver her a call and she'll be able to help you out! I'm an ambassador for the university and last year we made this video about what to bring for university, hopefully it helps you!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jdlas6uok1g

Feel free to contact me on twitter if you have any more questions!
    @Gwyn_UWTSD

ReputationRep:
    I can't give any advice as i am only starting this year too but i will be staying in halls ( Non ). On the open day i visited this seemed the most social of the halls, a room to your self but a bigger dinning/kitchen area

ReputationRep:
    Hi Jordan,

You're not alone, there are a lot of other people who have had similar situations before coming to university. I myself am a year behind my friends but you forget all that as you meet so many people that come from all walks of life you don't really get judged on your age.

Feel free to add us on facebook www.facebook.com/wardencarms where we got pictures of all the accommodations and I can help you choose which would suit you better, we are part of the accommodation department so it might be better to contact us.

Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.