Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Am I being heartless for thinking people should take responsibility for their actions instead of blaming deaths on this silly game.

Am I right in thinking people have no idea that alcohol is a poison. To drink huge quantities kills and yet many people have no idea of this. Reading stories of people necking pints of vodka and friends crowding around to cajole and watch is something I could never do. Is it because they have no idea that it can kill?

What are you thoughts? Is it a lack of education? And am I being harsh in thinking people should take responsibility for their actions?

ReputationRep:
    Am I right in thinking this thread is 6 months too late?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clip)
    Am I right in thinking this thread is 6 months too late?
    Yeah, I know! It's never interested me until this last day or so.

I can't drink as it make me really ill so I never have an interest in stuff like that. There was an article a few days ago which prompted me to put this, albeit six months too late! :/

ReputationRep:
    Encouraging others to drink vast amounts is nothing new. It's just now the media have a name for it they can stick in the headlines.

I do think there is a lack of education about alcohol for young people. I dont mean the patronising rubbish about alternating booze with water and dont drink on an empty stomach. I think cold hard facts needs to be communicated. ie: THIS amount of alcohol in THIS amount of time is likely to kill you. The human body physically cannot handle THIS amount of vodka at once and you will be sick/pass out.

Also better education of when to and not to call an ambulance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    Encouraging others to drink vast amounts is nothing new. It's just now the media have a name for it they can stick in the headlines.

I do think there is a lack of education about alcohol for young people. I dont mean the patronising rubbish about alternating booze with water and dont drink on an empty stomach. I think cold hard facts needs to be communicated. ie: THIS amount of alcohol in THIS amount of time is likely to kill you. The human body physically cannot handle THIS amount of vodka at once and you will be sick/pass out.

Also better education of when to and not to call an ambulance.
    Most people from my school/college would treat that as a challenge.

ReputationRep:
    u neknominate me i neknominate ur mum bruv

ReputationRep:
    neknominate is a mug's game

ReputationRep:
    I never understood this game. I thought it worked by you drank whatever you were nominated, and then you got to dictate to others what they should drink. At least that way it could act as a kind of modern-day natural selection.

"I nominate Chardonnay (or similar) to drink 20 bottles of bleach with raw egg and iron filings."
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeeMills77)
    Am I being heartless for thinking people should take responsibility for their actions instead of blaming deaths on this silly game.

Am I right in thinking people have no idea that alcohol is a poison. To drink huge quantities kills and yet many people have no idea of this. Reading stories of people necking pints of vodka and friends crowding around to cajole and watch is something I could never do. Is it because they have no idea that it can kill?

What are you thoughts? Is it a lack of education? And am I being harsh in thinking people should take responsibility for their actions?
    No you're not being heartless... It's the truth that no one wants to hear.

I think they know what it can do but I think it's ignorance... :sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Should do a tsr neknominate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJ1012)

It is a challenge tested by young people (mainly men) all over the country. Even before nek noms.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJ1012)
    Great! Earn those Darwinism awards early, less strain on the tax payer.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 15, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.