Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    look i really need answers to these questions the more people that answer the more chance something will be changed if you have time to spam you have time to answer the questions

ReputationRep:
    how often do you or someone in you house by a bottle of wine with a cork in it

2= occasionally

did you know that not all wine "corks" are made from real cork
    1=yes

did you know the use of artificial cork is having a devestating effect on the cork oak forests that are home to the rare and almost extinit lyberian lynx

2=no

if using real cork is no more expenisive should it be used instead of artifical cork

2=no

companies dont have to label their bottles with the type of cork used do you think they should label their bottles

2=no

would you now look out for wine bottles with real cork oak corks if bottles had the information printed on them

2=no

You do know that the real cork contributes badly towards to the taste of the wine. Would rather have a pastic one, it improves the flavour. Try it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    You do know that the real cork contributes badly towards to the taste of the wine. Would rather have a pastic one, it improves the flavour. Try it.
    I always thought that was the other way around? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/1066958.stm

Its the plastic corks/seals which prevents the 5-8% of "corked" wines

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/1066958.stm

Its the plastic corks/seals which prevents the 5-8% of "corked" wines
    You can also use real corks and seal them with wax though.

ReputationRep:
    1= rarely

2=no

did you know the use of artificial cork is having a devestating effect on the cork oak forests that are home to the rare and almost extinit lyberian lynx

2=no

if using real cork is no more expenisive should it be used instead of artifical cork
    1=yes

companies dont have to label their bottles with the type of cork used do you think they should label their bottles
    1=yes

would you now look out for wine bottles with real cork oak corks if bottles had the information printed on them
    1=yes

(strange survery but hm..t'was interesting...me loves filling in things tee hee)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poowpoow)

lol you an alcoholic?

ReputationRep:
    come on ppl fill it in

ReputationRep:
    1, 1, 2, 2, 1, 1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angel D)
    wine is being corked with artifical cork
    which means cork forests are being cut down and replaced with other trees that arnt suited to the enviorment are smaller plants that grow in cork forests are dyin cos the new trees are taking all the nutrients
    the rabbits that feed on the smaller plants are dying
    the rare (only bout 150 in 2002) lyberian lynx lve in the cork forests and feed on the rabbits
    cork havesting is one of the most enviromentally friendly forms of havesting and doesnt harm the trees
    if the demand for real cork doesnt increase then we could end up with:
    lyberian lynx becoming extinct
    and a dessert (sp) where the cork forests used to be

i am doing the survey so i can compile to charts to include with my letters when i write to supermarkets and wine companies urging them to use real cork and label their bottles

so thanx for you help
    The cork tycoons of the world are the Portugese. I've seen their plantations, I assure you they are stinking rich and are not short of custom.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    thanx loads to all you lovely people who have filled this in already if you havent then i am sorry to keep nagging and i need loads of peoples opinions and i dont really want to go stand in town freezing and being told off for bugging people so keep the responses coming thanx
    luv ya

ReputationRep:
    thanx loads to all you lovely people who have filled this in already if you havent then i am sorry to keep nagging and i need loads of peoples opinions and i dont really want to go stand in town freezing and being told off for bugging people so keep the responses coming thanx
    luv ya
    Is this survey a joke? Or do you have an obsession with corks?

*Starts weedkiller survey*

ReputationRep:
    no i dont at least the voices in my head dont think i have an obsession no i want to write to tell them that they should use real cork or at least label their bottles so people can make a choice

ReputationRep:
    I've put a next to my answers
    please answer questionaire just put you numbers in the right order please

1= rarely
    2= occasionally
    3= everyday

1=yes
    2=no

1=yes
    2=no

1=yes
    2=no

1=yes
    2=no

1=yes
    2=no The quality of the wine is more important to me. If there were 2 identical bottles of quality wine, one with a real cork and one with a fake cork, then I'd choose the real one

thanx for you help

ReputationRep:
    never
    2=no
    2=no
    2=no
    1=yes
    2=no

Saf stop copying me.

ReputationRep:
    not everyday but more than occasionally

i don't quite understand - why is using artificial corks having a negatrive effect? i would have thought the reverse, i've always thoguht that cork forests were facing extinction.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    Saf stop copying me.
    Immaturely waits for safs reply: "Saf stop copying me." :rolleyes:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 23, 2004
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.