Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What leagues do you watch? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I was just wondering what leagues TSR members watch. I am a big gambler so watch leagues in which I can gain an advantage, as well as leagues I watch just for enjoyment. So I watch:

Premier League, Championship, League 1 & League 2
    Scottish Championship (only watch the league Rangers are in)
    Spain - La Liga
    Italy - Serie A
    France - Ligue 1 & Ligue 2
    Brazil - Serie A
    Japan - J-League
    Australia - A-League
    Portugal - Primeira Liga
    USA - MLS

I also dabble in various other league from around the world, including the Argentinian league, the Bundesliga and Eredivisie.

Some of these leagues are a real chore to watch and I'm considering never watching Brazilian football again as it is so, so boring.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pane123)

Scottish Championship (only watch the league Rangers are in)
    The championship is going to be far more exciting in general this season compared to the spl anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jordooooom)
    The championship is going to be far more exciting in general this season compared to the spl anyway
    It doesn't get much less exciting than the Scottish Premiership, but you are absolutely right. If, 5 years ago, someone had told me that Rangers, Hearts and Hibs would all be playing in the second tier I would have dismissed them as an idiot.

The teams who wouldn't have a chance of promotion, even without these 3, are very lucky as they will get a lot of money from these games. I feel sorry for Greenock Morton who were relegated last season. Oh no, wait, I don't because I ****ing hate them.

ReputationRep:
    Pretty much the PL exclusively with bits of the Spanish, German and Italian leagues when I'm really ****ing bored.

ReputationRep:
    PL, Serie A, Ukranian PL, Ligue 1 (barely), Championship (kinda hard but i keep up with it), La Liga (mainly just RM/Barca though).

Nothing from the likes of the Bundesliga though (unless it's in the CL)

Interesting choice of some leagues there. Not able to stand the likes of the A-league since it's awful tbf. Do you watch them for betting reasons...?

edit: just read the post entirely

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    PL, Serie A, Ukranian PL, Ligue 1, Championship (kinda hard but i keep up with it), La Liga (mainly just RM/Barca though).

Interesting choice of some leagues there. Not able to stand the likes of the A-league since it's awful tbf. Do you watch them for betting reasons...?

edit: just read the post entirely
    Yup, a lot of the leagues I watch are purely for betting purposes, although the A-league is one I enjoy. It's not the best standard but I just like it for some reason. The fans are good and it's refreshing to watch games played in the sun.

Why do you follow the Ukranian league?

ReputationRep:
    I watch the premier league, bundesliga and seire A pretty much every weekend. Ligue 1 and La liga I watch if there is a big or particularly interesting game I want to watch on.

Over that I do sometimes watch other leagues when I get a chance / can be bothered, namely Eredivise, Brasiliero, MLS, Liga MX (Mexico), Russian Premier Division.

I generally keep a rough handle on what is happening across most European Leagues also, even if I am not watching them.

Edit: might be worth noting, I don't gamble.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mojojojo101)
    I watch the premier league, bundesliga and seire A pretty much every weekend. Ligue 1 and La liga I watch if there is a big or particularly interesting game I want to watch on.

Over that I do sometimes watch other leagues when I get a chance / can be bothered, namely Eredivise, Brasiliero, MLS, Liga MX (Mexico), Russian Premier Division.
    I would like to follow Liga MX more closely but I don't really have time to watch more than I do already. Enner Valencia was 6/1 to be Ecuador's top scorer at the World Cup, despite having a superb season for Pachuca.

ReputationRep:
    Yup, a lot of the leagues I watch are purely for betting purposes, although the A-league is one I enjoy. It's not the best standard but I just like it for some reason. The fans are good and it's refreshing to watch games played in the sun.

Why do you follow the Ukranian league?
    Ah yeah I get you there. I guess I'd enjoy it a lot more if I was there in person watching lol. Felt that way about the MLS too.

Well, saw Shakhtar a while ago on TV and liked the way they play to then started watching a bit. I really admired the way the owner runs the club so I kept up with it to see how they would progress, and eventually started watching a few other teams too. Don't watch the whole league though, obviously.

Developed some good players like Willian, Fernandinho, Mkhitaryan etc. that have all come to bigger leagues. The quality is alright tbf.

ReputationRep:
    I just watch the two best leagues in the world and sometimes I watch Bayern/Dortmund.

I watch Ligue 1 religiously, PSG :france: I also follow the Bundesliga although with the dominance of Bayern Munich it can get boring and finally I watch the Premier League as well as the odd Spanish and Italian match

ReputationRep:
      Just the Premier League and the Premier U21 League. Used to be a big fan of Serie A too but lost all interest after the Calciopoli scandal and once the players I knew had retired or moved on or got old.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by tehFrance)
      I watch Ligue 1 religiously, PSG :france: I also follow the Bundesliga although with the dominance of Bayern Munich it can get boring and finally I watch the Premier League as well as the odd Spanish and Italian match
      I love PSG and went to quite a few games when I studied in Paris, or Jouy-en-Josas to be exact (it isn't exactly Paris). I like the women's team, too, if only for Laure Boulleau.

ReputationRep:
      League of Legends, preferably ranked games.

ReputationRep:
      Premier league, and a few top matches (e.g. Barcelona vs Real Madrid)

I love PSG and went to quite a few games when I studied in Paris, or Jouy-en-Josas to be exact (it isn't exactly Paris). I like the women's team, too, if only for Laure Boulleau.
        It's not Paris at all, it's near Paris but not Paris in any way, shape or form

Laure Boulleau :sogood:

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by tehFrance)
        It's not Paris at all, it's near Paris but not Paris in any way, shape or form

Laure Boulleau :sogood:
        Yeh, but the uni conned me and called it HEC Paris. You could see the light at the top of the Eiffel Tower from one corner of the campus and I stayed in Paris at the weekends .

She is absolutely perfect.

ReputationRep:
        Premier League, La Liga and MLS

used to watch championship a lot but now im in singapore cant.

ReputationRep:
        I only watch the Premier League. I do, however, place close attention to La Liga and Serie A.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Malevolent)
        Premier League, La Liga and MLS

used to watch championship a lot but now im in singapore cant.
        Other than the Premier League, what leagues do the locals watch?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.