Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My best friend wont talk to me because im gay ? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Im on someone else's account.

Im gay and he's straight. I have known him for 3 years from work, I have left the place now. However I really like him as a crush and a mate and he's one of the three people who knows im gay and when I came out to him I told him i really like him and he was really freaked out. He got over it and we spoke again.

When we go out I touch on his legs or his stomach and once I grabbed his penis but he rebels and hits me, I just cant help it. So he stopped talking to me and it was hard on my part as I thought it was over so to wind him up I added his mates on facebook as a joke and he was really annoyed lol. But I do a lot for him I pick him up all the time and we hang out I ring him everyday and message him and tell him how my day has been, since I like him I cant control my feelings I HATE it when he talks to other guys even his mates and I stopped talking to him when he was seeing a girl, he kept going around to her place at like 10-12 at night and would come home at 3am, wtf could they be doing for that long, he said he didnt have sex with her but it really winded me up.

What else annoyed me was when he told me to calm down and that I should only text him or ring 3 times a week. He also said he would have sex and go out with which ever girl he wants, what about me dosent he care about me ? He said he only cares as a mate and nothing more so I stopped talking to him for a few days.

He had another mate from uni and they used to hang out all the time and stayed at uni late night untill 11pm what the hell would they be doing there that long he should be home earlier. So we had another big argument and I told him that I cant help my feelings and I need to know whats he doing all the time, he swore at me and told me im walking a fine line because my behaviour is inappropaite. So for a wind up I told him I masturbate over him, he was disgusted and stopped talking to me.

Now its been a month and he wont talk to me he has blocked me on whatsapp and facebook too. I have messaged him like 20 times saying sorry but no reply. He replied once and said I have appologized before but have never changed. Its true its my fault I doubt he will come back. Im so upset and stressed.

ReputationRep:
    No your best friend is not talking to you because you are gay but because you keep hitting on him ('once I grabbed his penis' - this is sexual assault), and the fact that he is not gay, and also that you are being really clingy.

ReputationRep:
    Stop acting like a baby, hes said hes not interested in any romantic or sexual relationship with you so get off his back ffs

ReputationRep:
    It's not that you're gay, it's that you're a creep.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IMBCFC)
    Im gay and he's straight. I have known him for 3 years from work, I have left the place now. However I really like him as a crush and a mate and he's one of the three people who knows im gay and when I came out to him I told him i really like him and he was really freaked out. He got over it and we spoke again.

When we go out I touch on his legs or his stomach and once I grabbed his penis but he rebels and hits me, I just cant help it.So he stopped talking to me and it was hard on my part as I thought it was over so to wind him up I added his mates on facebook as a joke and he was really annoyed lol. But I do a lot for him I pick him up all the time and we hang out I ring him everyday and message him and tell him how my day has been, since I like him I cant control my feelings I HATE it when he talks to other guys even his mates and I stopped talking to him when he was seeing a girl, he kept going around to her place at like 10-12 at night and would come home at 3am, wtf could they be doing for that long, he said he didnt have sex with her but it really winded me up.

What else annoyed me was when he told me to calm down and that I should only text him or ring 3 times a week. He also said he would have sex and go out with which ever girl he wants, what about me dosent he care about me ? He said he only cares as a mate and nothing more so I stopped talking to him for a few days.

He had another mate from uni and they used to hang out all the time and stayed at uni late night untill 11pm what the hell would they be doing there that long he should be home earlier. So we had another big argument and I told him that I cant help my feelings and I need to know whats he doing all the time, he swore at me and told me im walking a fine line because my behaviour is inappropaite. So for a wind up I told him I masturbate over him, he was disgusted and stopped talking to me.

Now its been a month and he wont talk to me he has blocked me on whatsapp and facebook too. I have messaged him like 20 times saying sorry but no reply. He replied once and said I have appologized before but have never changed. Its true its my fault I doubt he will come back. Im so upset and stressed.
    If that was a good enough excuse, everyone would get away with sexual assault.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Changing Skies)
    If that was a good enough excuse, everyone would get away with sexual assault.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    But I cant help it. Hes stopped talking to me I doubt he will come back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phoebe Buffay)
    No your best friend is not talking to you because you are gay but because you keep hitting on him ('once I grabbed his penis' - this is sexual assault), and the fact that he is not gay, and also that you are being really clingy.
    But I have apologized I admit its my fault, its really hard to get over him.

ReputationRep:
    It's not because you're gay. I'm sorry but you need to stop thinking about your self just because your gay it doesn't make you a victim. Your main point is he don't accept you're gay, well you need to accept he's straight. Why would you touch him like that when he don't want you to!

ReputationRep:
    You should thank him for not going to the police

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IMBCFC)
    But I cant help it. Hes stopped talking to me I doubt he will come back.
    Good, you two aren't going to work as friends when you can't control your urges...

and I'm sure you can but instead you've chosen to set a line of excuses up for you and your frankly disgusting behaviour, you're really lucky he hasn't gone to the police

ReputationRep:
    Overly obsessive sex pest.

Would you be friends with one of them OP? If not, have a word with yourself.

ReputationRep:
    He should have immediately stopped speaking with you when you touched him inappropriately. You clearly have no self control. I can't say what I really want to say, because I'd be almost guaranteed to be carded. It has nothing to do with your sexuality.

ReputationRep:
    You sound like a stalker ex gf who was never really a gf and has a penis.

Summary, he does not want.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    So for a wind up I told him I masturbate over him, he was disgusted and stopped talking to me.
    Even if this was 'a wind up', given how open you've been with your feelings for him, it won't have seemed like one because he knows you do really like him.

I don't think I need to tell you what's wrong with the whole penis grabbing thing. That kind of behaviour is totally out of line. I understand what it's like to really like a straight guy, but you need to show self restraint because what you're doing is very creepy and borderline stalker. Give him space for a while and apologise to him later. If you show a bit of understanding towards how he is feeling, he's much more likely to be happy talking to you again. At the moment he's probably just exhausted because it seems as though you haven't given him any space at all.

No matter how attractive he is, you need to learn self control and respect. He's right when he says you're walking a fine line.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    I think what he's doing is fair enough. I wouldn't be happy either.

It's nothing to do with you being gay. It's your inappropriate behaviour towards him.

Do you even blame him. Wtf

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 15, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.