The Student Room Group

What is the best condiment?

Poll

Which is the champion Condiment?

Here it is people! The battle you've all been waiting for!

The showdown is finally upon us.

In the Red corner we have the classic, tomato Ketchup.

In the brown corner we have Brown/HP sauce.

In the white corner we have the magical mayo checking in.

And in the yellow corner we have the mighty mustard!

And an other category for the lesser condiments you'll yell at me for missing off the list.

Scroll to see replies

When I was working in restaurants, had to handle deliveries. I was carrying a big box of ketchup all the way up 3 flights of stairs. It had a leak, and it went all over me. The smell of ketchup stuck to my work uniform for weeks, and the smell of ketchup since has made me feel grim. I hate Ketchup.

And I STILL voted for Ketchup. It's just the main sauce for modern life :h:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
I absolutely loved brown sauce, but I have coeliac disease and can't eat it anymore.
Mayonnaise. :love:
Tomato ketchup for me. Some foods just have to have a portion of ketchup with them. :smile:
hot sauce

goes with pretty much everything
Reply 6
Original post by Freudian Slip
Mayonnaise. :love:

:five: Mayo crew checking in!

Original post by tehforum
hot sauce

goes with pretty much everything

Oooo, good call. That would probably have been the next one i would have put on the list.
Reply 7
Original post by Hal.E.Lujah
When I was working in restaurants, had to handle deliveries. I was carrying a big box of ketchup all the way up 3 flights of stairs. It had a leak, and it went all over me. The smell of ketchup stuck to my work uniform for weeks, and the smell of ketchup since has made me feel grim. I hate Ketchup.

And I STILL voted for Ketchup. It's just the main sauce for modern life :h:

That is fairly gross! And you still voted ketchup even though you don't eat it? Which is your favourite that you do eat?

Original post by spotify95
Tomato ketchup for me. Some foods just have to have a portion of ketchup with them. :smile:

Ooo, such as? chips?
Original post by Motorbiker
That is fairly gross! And you still voted ketchup even though you don't eat it? Which is your favourite that you do eat?

I guess sometimes mustard on hot dogs :lol:
Reply 9
Original post by pane123
I absolutely loved brown sauce, but I have coeliac disease and can't eat it anymore.

You can get gluten free brown sauce though.

http://www.gluten-freeshop.co.uk/vinegar-sauces-pickle-and-mustards/tiger-tiger-gluten-free-brown-sauce-469-142-648.php

Mother-in-law to be is coeliac and she likes it. She confirms this is good sauce.
Here it is people! The battle you've all been waiting for!

The showdown is finally upon us.

In the Red corner we have the classic, tomato Ketchup.

In the brown corner we have Brown/HP sauce.

In the white corner we have the magical mayo checking in.

And in the yellow corner we have the mighty mustard!

And an other category for the lesser condiments you'll yell at me for missing off the list.

My favorite condiments

(edited 9 years ago)
:five: Mayo crew checking in!

Funnily enough, I used to absolutely hate the stuff and would turn food away that had mayo on. Then, one day, I bought a chicken sandwich not realising it had mayo on and I've been a convert ever since. Oh man, a mayo chicken sammich would be so good right now... :coma:
BBQ sauce, or... Mcdonalds sweet chilli dip
You can get gluten free brown sauce though.

http://www.gluten-freeshop.co.uk/vinegar-sauces-pickle-and-mustards/tiger-tiger-gluten-free-brown-sauce-469-142-648.php

Mother-in-law to be is coeliac and she likes it. She confirms this is good sauce.

I hate that stuff, unfortunately. I hope one day to forget what HP tasted like, opening a world of opportunity to gluten-free brown sauce.
Reply 15
BBQ sauce is definitely the way forward :ahee:
Mayo.

Mayo and gravy are the only things worth putting on chips.
Does sweet chili sauce count?!

If so....mmmmmm :love:
Ooooo KFC Gravy tho!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest