Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Who's staying there? I've just received my offer letter but not a room number yet

PS: Any internationals out there?

ReputationRep:
    I'm in Cavendish, won't find out where exactly for a while though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PeterBell)
    I'm in Cavendish, won't find out where exactly for a while though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do you know anything more about this hall? I found very little information outside the MMU website

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brochacho)
    Do you know anything more about this hall? I found very little information outside the MMU website
    What are you looking to know?

I know the price, location and roughly how many I will be sharing with. Went to visit them a few months back during the open day.

ReputationRep:
    What are you looking to know?

I know the price, location and roughly how many I will be sharing with. Went to visit them a few months back during the open day.
    Oh, great! I couldn't visit them because I'm not from the UK. I just had to go by pictures, haha.

How spacious are the rooms? And I saw a sink in there, is that correct? How many people do you share a flat with typically?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brochacho)
    Oh, great! I couldn't visit them because I'm not from the UK. I just had to go by pictures, haha.

How spacious are the rooms? And I saw a sink in there, is that correct? How many people do you share a flat with typically?
    Pictures are always very deceiving haha. They aren't great, or that spacious! Yeah they have sinks, well the ones I saw did anyway.

I've heard that roughly 12 people share a corridor/kitchen. It's never ideal but at the end of the day we are students on a budget, can't expect too much can we haha, it'll be mint!

ReputationRep:
    12 people? That's so crowded...

ReputationRep:
    Pictures are always very deceiving haha. They aren't great, or that spacious! Yeah they have sinks, well the ones I saw did anyway.

I've heard that roughly 12 people share a corridor/kitchen. It's never ideal but at the end of the day we are students on a budget, can't expect too much can we haha, it'll be mint!
    ey pete, im still choosing. i dont know tho because of the size and that but yet it so cheap which is sick. what the dining and shower room like, pictures didnt look the best lmao

cheers man

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shirazul95)
    ey pete, im still choosing. i dont know tho because of the size and that but yet it so cheap which is sick. what the dining and shower room like, pictures didnt look the best lmao

cheers man
    I would honestly just go for the cheap option and spend your extra money on essentials. After living in that environment for a week or so you will be used to it anyway.

The showers looked very basic, but as long as they work I'm happy. Dining room (kitchen area) look a nice size but whether that's still a nice size with 12 students shopping in there, we shall see!

I originally applied for other halls with ensuit but changed my mind last minute as I think it will be a more socialable and fun experience sharing with more people, and secondly the extra cash (over £100 extra a month) will come in very handy!

ReputationRep:
    I would honestly just go for the cheap option and spend your extra money on essentials. After living in that environment for a week or so you will be used to it anyway.

The showers looked very basic, but as long as they work I'm happy. Dining room (kitchen area) look a nice size but whether that's still a nice size with 12 students shopping in there, we shall see!

I originally applied for other halls with ensuit but changed my mind last minute as I think it will be a more socialable and fun experience sharing with more people, and secondly the extra cash (over £100 extra a month) will come in very handy!
    i've also just changed it lol, cheers man, that put a gave me a better perspective about it all! thanks bro!!

ReputationRep:
    indeed thanks Joe for the insight

ReputationRep:
    Hey
    I'll be in Cavendish as well. I'm Hungarian so happy to join to the international team When do you move in?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.