Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    So I know that the people who get the top 'scores' for work experience get invited to an interview at Liverpool, but once you get to the interview, is that all scrapped and everyone's on a even playing field, or do the people with more work experience have to 'score' less in the interview because they already have a high score?
    Sorry if that doesn't make sense, I've been wondering it for a few weeks now though :rolleyes: Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I thought I read on here before that it is all scrapped and you start fresh. However, I did not apply to Liverpool and do not know for sure. Hopefully someone who does will. Silverstar posts a lot, is quite knowledgeable and helpful, and attends Liverpool so perhaps she can help you.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nox1)
    Hi
    So I know that the people who get the top 'scores' for work experience get invited to an interview at Liverpool, but once you get to the interview, is that all scrapped and everyone's on a even playing field, or do the people with more work experience have to 'score' less in the interview because they already have a high score?
    Sorry if that doesn't make sense, I've been wondering it for a few weeks now though :rolleyes: Thanks!
    The top ~500 scores will get an interview. You will then start on a 'level playing field' and need to score top/high marks on all the stations generally to get a place (they will give out more offers than places as some may not make the grades or will choose a different uni). At least that is what the admissions tutor told me a year or so ago and I am assuming nothing has changed since then.

Here is some more info about the interview: http://dbweb.liv.ac.uk/cll/tqef_docs...Use_of_MMI.ppt
    It's an old powerpoint so it may have changed a bit since then but the principle is the same. I personally found it less subjective than a panel-style interview and more enjoyable too (well, as enjoyable as interviews can be!).

Let me know if you have further questions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SilverstarDJ)
    The top ~500 scores will get an interview. You will then start on a 'level playing field' and need to score top/high marks on all the stations generally to get a place (they will give out more offers than places as some may not make the grades or will choose a different uni). At least that is what the admissions tutor told me a year or so ago and I am assuming nothing has changed since then.

Here is some more info about the interview: http://dbweb.liv.ac.uk/cll/tqef_docs...Use_of_MMI.ppt
    It's an old powerpoint so it may have changed a bit since then but the principle is the same. I personally found it less subjective than a panel-style interview and more enjoyable too (well, as enjoyable as interviews can be!).

Let me know if you have further questions.
    Thank you very much, and thank you Tarnia as well! :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what the minimum work experience is likely to be that liverpool would be likely to accept for an interview? Like out of all the people that get in, the ones that just get in how many weeks are they likely to have haha? I have about 11 weeks but not sure if thats enough to even consider applying to liverpool? :/

ReputationRep:
    I believe Liverpool is usually 15 weeks +.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    I would echo what Tarnia said - 15 weeks + for a first time applicant. I had around 19 weeks by the time I applied (you can do work exp. until December of the year applying). There is no definitive cut off as this depends on the cohort that is applying. You also need to have variety e.g. 30 weeks of nothing by small animal practise won't give you an interview.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.