Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    If you fail the access to leeds will they definitely not accept you,? I'm really scared now not sure I've passed with grades that are good enough?

Anyone been in this situation?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi!
    I was in the same situation two years ago- I'd somehow forgotten the ATL assignment was due on the day and literally had a few hours to come up with something (which in the end was obviously absolute bull because I failed)

Anyway, when I received the email- my heart sunk because I thought "that's it, I've ruined my chances". Lo and behold I got ABC which was below the entry requirements and I was successful. (And I had written it off completely and was looking into clearing because I thought there's no chance I'm getting a B in history to begin with)

I don't want to give you false hope but I also think you should be optimistic- you'll surprise yourself. I hope it works out for you and you get the grades you need! Good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    I feel exactly the same, if I don't get my access to Leeds offer no way will I be able to meet my standard offer! Saying that my access offer is ABB and Im not sure how I will manage to pull that out of the bag either! I'm worried that if I get BBB I will have no chance as my course originally is AAA :/ so stressful!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yh I've already got A BBC (on a gap year) but they still offered me access to leeds, I'm just scared I didn't do well on the assignment and they won't allow me in at all

ReputationRep:
    It's fairly easy to pass to be honest, very rarely do people fail on merit of work produced. (I did because of misunderstanding of dates)

So don't worry too much- it will be fine!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by namelessgem)
    It's fairly easy to pass to be honest, very rarely do people fail on merit of work produced. (I did because of misunderstanding of dates)

So don't worry too much- it will be fine!
    Did you still get in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by namelessgem)
    Hi!
    I was in the same situation two years ago- I'd somehow forgotten the ATL assignment was due on the day and literally had a few hours to come up with something (which in the end was obviously absolute bull because I failed)

Anyway, when I received the email- my heart sunk because I thought "that's it, I've ruined my chances". Lo and behold I got ABC which was below the entry requirements and I was successful. (And I had written it off completely and was looking into clearing because I thought there's no chance I'm getting a B in history to begin with)

I don't want to give you false hope but I also think you should be optimistic- you'll surprise yourself. I hope it works out for you and you get the grades you need! Good luck!!
    Even though you went through the access to Leeds scheme are you coping well with the actual degree course? I'm scared that I'll fall behind as some people will actually get the standard grade whilst I'm getting the grades lowered

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annalola)
    Even though you went through the access to Leeds scheme are you coping well with the actual degree course? I'm scared that I'll fall behind as some people will actually get the standard grade whilst I'm getting the grades lowered
    Lots if people get into courses on way lower tbh. I know a person doing business management with bcd through clearing when the offer is aaa. I know someone else doing geography at Manchester on bcc when the offer was abb, they seem to be doing fine. They just ask for really high grades in order to be more selective.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.