The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

What to do about first year accom?!

Being totally indecisive and after some advice.

Starting first year psychology in September, trying to decide on what to do about accommodation. I'm 25 and right now I rent a room in a house at pretty much the same price as on campus accommodation is. The only thing is where I am now, I can stay all year including holidays, and going for uni accommodation means having to find somewhere else to live for a few weeks which is kind of a pain. On one hand I don't want to miss out on the experience of living in halls but on the other hand it might make life awkward for certain parts of the year... Also being 25 I don't know if that's "too old" to get on with a bunch of people who'll be a few years younger than me. Basically HELP! Any advice seriously appreciated :smile:
Hi All,

Hope you don't mind me jumping in here.

If you want to get your accommodation sorted today check out our brand new halls - St Davids Swansea - www.freshstudentliving.co.uk/swansea we are already inundated with lots of Swansea students and have a direct bus straight to the Singleton campus from outside our front door! We are situated in the middle of town within minutes of Wind Street, restaurants, shops, cinema and bowling centres.

We have our own busy social calendar and the best deals and discounts with local businesses exclusively for St Davids Students.

Check out our pages www.Facebook.com/StDavidsSwansea and www.Twitter.com/StDavidsSwansea to see recent pictures of the brand new accommodation and events in our quirky social space.

Many Thanks,
Katie @ Fresh
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
Original post by clemontine89
Being totally indecisive and after some advice.

Starting first year psychology in September, trying to decide on what to do about accommodation. I'm 25 and right now I rent a room in a house at pretty much the same price as on campus accommodation is. The only thing is where I am now, I can stay all year including holidays, and going for uni accommodation means having to find somewhere else to live for a few weeks which is kind of a pain. On one hand I don't want to miss out on the experience of living in halls but on the other hand it might make life awkward for certain parts of the year... Also being 25 I don't know if that's "too old" to get on with a bunch of people who'll be a few years younger than me. Basically HELP! Any advice seriously appreciated :smile:

Where did you end up? I am 26 and going to be staying in halls.

Quick Reply

Latest